Giver: Loved Ones

As Giver would not respond to this in the other thread I’ll open a new one to give him the opportunity.

**Originally Posted by Giver
(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

Jesus said (John 14:21) “anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

(Matthew 10:37-39)”Anyone who prefers father or mother to me is not worthy of me. Anyone who prefers son or daughter to me is not worthy of me. Anyone who does not take his cross and follow in my footsteps is not worthy of me. Anyone who finds his life will lose it; anyone who loses his life for my sake will find it.”

The will of the Father in Heaven is to love our enemies, and I would do nothing that would displease Him. I trust God, if He didn’t want my family to die, they wouldn’t die, and if they were to die they wood, no matter what I tried to do. What most everyone can’t seem to understand is: (Matthew 6:9) “Our father in heaven, may your name be holy, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven.”**
UNQUOTE

That’s really sad that you would standly idly by and not lift a finger to stop your family being murdered especially when **Jesus said ** in John 15:13 “No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends”.
The original greek words “for one’s friends” mean for “those whom one loves”. Are saying you don’t love your family enough to be willing to die trying to protect them? Are you saying you will not do what Jesus expects us to do in dying to protect loved ones?

Is this something “Giver” has said? That they would not go to the aid of their loved ones? I hope “Giver” has a chance to respond to this. I’ve seen this talked about on another thread some time back.

My belief is that we should do all within our power to take care of our loved ones and friends from harm. If not, no matter what religion we profess, we have slandered our faith.

At the Garden of Gethsemane (sp?) Jesus stopped Peter from killing the soldier that had come to get him. He told Peter to stop, restrained him and then healed the soldier’s ear. We are to do the same - keep violence from happening when possible and seek to heal the wounds should there be any.

To do otherwise mocks Christ and Buddha and Mohammed and every other great religious teacher and their respective faiths.

Peace…

[quote=ahimsaman72]Is this something “Giver” has said? That they would not go to the aid of their loved ones? I hope “Giver” has a chance to respond to this. I’ve seen this talked about on another thread some time back.

My belief is that we should do all within our power to take care of our loved ones and friends from harm. If not, no matter what religion we profess, we have slandered our faith.

At the Garden of Gethsemane (sp?) Jesus stopped Peter from killing the soldier that had come to get him. He told Peter to stop, restrained him and then healed the soldier’s ear. We are to do the same - keep violence from happening when possible and seek to heal the wounds should there be any.

To do otherwise mocks Christ and Buddha and Mohammed and every other great religious teacher and their respective faiths.

Peace…
[/quote]

Yes he said what was within the quotes. He wouldn’t respond in the other thread so I started a new one to give him the chance to respond.
Its from the thread on page 3 in this forum called To Be deep In The Bible:Just War. Scroll way down and read the last few posts in the thread.

No response yet Giver??

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.