Glee: Promoting Planned Parenthood’s Sex Education Agenda

Opinion article by Kara Ruso:

On Tuesday, March 8th, ‘Glee ‘ – which regularly features homosexual relationships and rampant sexual activity by minors – managed to limbo even lower (under a bar set already almost on the floor) with an episode featuring Gwenyth Paltrow as the school’s visiting “sex education” teacher.

Some of you might recall that Paltrow and her mother, Blythe Danner, are also known for their “work” as celebrity supporters of the largest abortion business in America, Planned Parenthood. Twice, the mother-daughter duo has used Mother’s Day as what they called the “perfect time” to send out an email soliciting donations on behalf of Planned Parenthood. Yes, that’s right. Gwenyth Paltrow and her mother used the day dedicated to mothers (whose role it is to protect and nurture their babies, not kill them) to solicit more money for the business that not only killed 324,008 unborn babies in 2008 alone, but that did so while receiving $349.6 million in federal funding from our taxpayer dollars. In 2009, Planned Parenthood received $363.2 million.

The episode began with outright hate speech against Catholicism, and quickly moved on to thinly veiled promotion of students becoming sexually active.

In the first scene, Paltrow’s character tries to pressure another teacher who is in favor of abstinence education into getting on board with her ideology. When the abstinence teacher dissents and says “I strongly disagree. I don’t think that we should barrage these kids with graphic information. They’re kids. I don’t want to steal their innocence,” Paltrow’s character haughtily exclaims: “Are you, like, some kind of crazy Pope lady?”

lifenews.com/2011/03/25/glee-promoting-planned-parenthoods-sex-education-agenda/

[quote="Abyssinia, post:1, topic:233805"]
“Are you, like, some kind of crazy Pope lady?”

[/quote]

Oh how I WISH someone would say that to me.

"Yes, yes I am! Booga-snargle-blat!!!":whacky:

After seeing something about abortion the other day, I half-seriously told my parents that it should be a law that the mother should have to look at the baby after the deed is done. My mother replied that the doctor should have to go home and tell his or her family that "Honey, today I murdered an unborn child!" That's not exactly what she said but you get the point.
We have no idea how much this stuff must stir God's wrath.

[quote="Abyssinia, post:1, topic:233805"]
Opinion article by Kara Ruso:

On Tuesday, March 8th, ‘Glee ‘ – which regularly features homosexual relationships and rampant sexual activity by minors – managed to limbo even lower (under a bar set already almost on the floor) with an episode featuring Gwenyth Paltrow as the school’s visiting “sex education” teacher.

Some of you might recall that Paltrow and her mother, Blythe Danner, are also known for their “work” as celebrity supporters of the largest abortion business in America, Planned Parenthood. Twice, the mother-daughter duo has used Mother’s Day as what they called the “perfect time” to send out an email soliciting donations on behalf of Planned Parenthood. Yes, that’s right. Gwenyth Paltrow and her mother used the day dedicated to mothers (whose role it is to protect and nurture their babies, not kill them) to solicit more money for the business that not only killed 324,008 unborn babies in 2008 alone, but that did so while receiving $349.6 million in federal funding from our taxpayer dollars. In 2009, Planned Parenthood received $363.2 million.

The episode began with outright hate speech against Catholicism, and quickly moved on to thinly veiled promotion of students becoming sexually active.

In the first scene, Paltrow’s character tries to pressure another teacher who is in favor of abstinence education into getting on board with her ideology. When the abstinence teacher dissents and says “I strongly disagree. I don’t think that we should barrage these kids with graphic information. They’re kids. I don’t want to steal their innocence,” Paltrow’s character haughtily exclaims: “Are you, like, some kind of crazy Pope lady?”

lifenews.com/2011/03/25/glee-promoting-planned-parenthoods-sex-education-agenda/

[/quote]

What do folk expect from a secular, polemical show like Glee?:rolleyes:

[quote="Whitacre_Girl, post:2, topic:233805"]
Oh how I WISH someone would say that to me.

"Yes, yes I am! Booga-snargle-blat!!!":whacky:

[/quote]

I get the feeling good ole Gwyneth would have made a snarky comeback to you------but I ALSO get the feeling that you would have been more than a match for her, Whitacre_Girl.:thumbsup:

[quote="OrdinaryMelkite, post:5, topic:233805"]
I get the feeling good ole Gwyneth would have made a snarky comeback to you------but I ALSO get the feeling that you would have been more than a match for her, Whitacre_Girl.:thumbsup:

[/quote]

haha! Thanks for the vote of confidence!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.