Glenn Beck "We are all Catholics NOW"

I figured I would share this clip from Glenn Beck that I found very interesting and would love to see your opinions as well. Check out the clip here.

youtube.com/watch?v=mNB469_sA3o&feature=colike

Hope you all had a great Memorial Day!
:smiley:

I have always been struck by Glenn Beck’s honest and truthful eye…this video is no different. He is accurate and speaks the reality of our world. May he be blessed for this.

That’s the same feeling I got. He just calls it what it is. The truth is the church is battling evil on a daily basis. I agree the Pope Benedict is strengthening the church with some strong Cardinals. Cardinal Dolan is a prime example.

Very interesting video. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do about it?:confused:

(1) Mr. Glenn Beck is a fervent Mormon.
(2) The Mormon Church is widely considered to be a illegitimate church.
(3) The election of a Mormon bishop to the U.S. Presidency will, in the eyes of many, make the Mormon Church into a legitimate Christian church. Mitt Romney is a bishop in the Mormon Church.

So, would it be too cynical of me to suppose that Mr. Glenn Beck might be trying to help Mitt Romney get elected by courting Catholics?

The Mormon Church has not changed its doctrines. It still maintains that the Mormon Church is the only genuine Christian Church on the face of the earth, and that it and it alone has the genuine priesthood, and it and it alone has genuine sacraments. To Mormons, we Catholics may have uses in the political realm, but we are regarded by them as no more Christian than the Church of Scientology or the Elk Lodge.

:newidea:The only place everybody will be Catholic will be in Heaven.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

PAX

With regards to Beck, I find the whole thing about apocalyptic battles and vatican insider intrigue a bit much, good for ratings if nothing else. He is in show business. Never forget that.

But Glenn Beck aside, all the rhetoric from non-Catholic Christians rings hollow to me.

The Protestant Churches, led by the Anglican Church in 1930, all teach that artificial contraception is not an intrinsic evil, and most teach that dismembering an infant with wires and sucking its body parts into a jar isn’t murder. And the Protestant Churches are all now reaping what they have sown.

“We are all Catholic now” is a great sentiment, but once again it falls to the Catholic Church, the Pillar and Foundation of Truth, to stand “erect in the midst of the moral ruin” and to…

raise her voice in token of her divine ambassadorship and through Our mouth proclaim anew: any use whatsoever of matrimony exercised in such a way that the act is deliberately frustrated in its natural power to generate life is an offense against the law of God and of nature, and those who indulge in such are branded with the guilt of a grave sin. (CASTI CONNUBII, Enclycal of Pope Pius XI on Christian Marriage, Dec 31, 1930)

The Episcopal Church has even ordained an openly homosexual Bishop!

America was not founded as a Catholic nation. America has had exactly one Catholic President, and he distanced himself from his Church at the onset. Its nice that non-Catholic America wants to chant “We are all Catholic now” but if they really believed that, they would repeal Article 15 of the 1930 Lambeth Conference and start teaching their members that to kill an infant is murder.

The denominations seems awful quick to rally to the aid of the Catholic Church but the punchline is that the denominations helped create the problem in the first place. That they who let the genie out of the bottle would rally to the aid of the Pillar and Foundation of Truth is to me more than a bit hypocritical.

What they are really doing is hiding behind the Holy Father’s cassock.

-Tim-

The video started off well, but Beck showed that his agenda isn’t all about promoting Catholicism. Just my opinion.

This thread has nothing to do with traditional Catholicism and should be moved to News or Media. OP, please ask a moderator to move it.

You mean the eyes that he pretends to cry out of for camera shots?

Even though I agree with Glenn Beck on most political issues, given that Beck long ago abandoned his Catholic faith in favor of Mormonism, I can’t help but be skeptical of his sincerity on this one.

Not to mention, in the past he has outright told people to leave churches that call for “social justice,” i.e., the Catholic Church.

I think he just jumping on a bandwagon here.

I think the two of you are on to something here. While the particular video shared in this thread seems truthful, Glenn Beck tends to go out on long tangents and does not necessarily convey a consistent message. One has to look at the whole context of Beck’s public statements and positions.

=jmoneyideas;9346276]I figured I would share this clip from Glenn Beck that I found very interesting and would love to see your opinions as well. Check out the clip here.

youtube.com/watch?v=mNB469_sA3o&feature=colike

Hope you all had a great Memorial Day!
:smiley:

I happened to be tuned in when he made the satement.

In context Mr Beck [a former “catholic”] was making the point that the “Battle” our President has CAUSED effects the FREEDOM of ALL Americans; not only the CC, and not only ALL Christians.

IMO opion IF these FORCED mandates stand the court reviews [very unlikely: PLEASE GOD]… America is literally going to disappear as did Rome and Greece of Old. Not overnight; BUT nevertheless VERY quickly!

God Bless,
pat/PJM

100% :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I saw this video soon after it was released and realized how accurate Glenn Beck has been as he forecasts events. I truly don’t think Glenn is working from his own agenda here.

If Obama wanted to fight Christianity/religion in general, Obama would think he should fight with the strongest of all entities there, the Catholic Church with our hierarchy.

This time I think Obama has taken on too much; now he has Archbishop Timothy Dolan, Franciscan University of Steubenville, and so many others to deal with.

Thanks, Marty

Beck and others sometimes confused with the concept that Catholics vote as a block. That is not the true read. Yes, a large percentage contracept. Pelosi and Biden back policies and vote on the wrong side of things. We have leftist and tea party folks in our church. However (by some estimates), the middle 10% will be one of several swing votes. Moderates need to squarely jump in to defeat this invasion of the church by the state. If Obama must go, so be it.

=tabycat;9346694]:newidea:The only place everybody will be Catholic will be in Heaven.

SORRY; NOT TRUE :slight_smile:

God Bless,
pat/PJM

Unrelated to Catholic tradition

CLOSED

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.