Glenn Ford is a free man

**On death row for almost 30 years, Glenn Ford walked out of the state prison at 5:40 p.m. March 11
*Undisclosed new evidence in the crime obtained last year set the wheels in motion toward Ford’s release. A court order vacating Ford’s first-degree murder conviction and death sentence was filed Tuesday.

The attorneys say that new information corroborates what their client claimed all along: “That he was not present at nor involved in the crime for which he had been convicted and sentenced to death.”

According to Ford’s attorneys, his trial was “profoundly compromised by inexperienced counsel and by the unconstitutional suppression of evidence at his trial, including information from an informant, a suppressed police report related to the time of the crime and evidence of the murder weapon, which implicated the true perpetrator.”*
shreveporttimes.com/article/20140311/NEWS01/303110038/Glenn-Ford-is-a-free-man

30 years of his life stolen from him. He is now 64 years old, so his parents likely died while he was sitting on death row.

His young son is now a grown man, with children of his own.

Now at an age when most people retire, he has no home, no job and no retirement savings.

I’ve seen no mention of his family, other than his son. I wonder if his family stayed with him during 30 year ordeal, or if he was left to suffer alone.

It makes you wonder how many people are currently going through the same thing this man has. Depending how the man has lived his life in prison, I hope God rewards his unjust imprisonment for 30 years. Now that is what I call suffering, knowing you are innocent, and you had to live in prison for 30 years!

Amen.

According to Ford’s attorneys, his trial was “profoundly compromised by inexperienced counsel and by the unconstitutional suppression of evidence at his trial, including information from an informant, a suppressed police report related to the time of the crime and evidence of the murder weapon, which implicated the true perpetrator.”

In a just world whenever the prosecution knowingly withholds evidence resulting in a conviction they would get double the sentence the accused did.

It’s evil they’d knowingly condemn an innocent man just to convict someone.

Bet that would cut down on this real quick.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.