Glenn with pneumonia; Amanda with nerve pain

My new work associate is in her twenties and has a horrible spastic condition as a result of Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy with radiating nerve pain in her leg that sometimes triggers tetany, full-on whole body spasms. The crass but humane diabetic gent next to me asks me to pray now and again, and happened to do so today, which I did aloud before her shift began. So I told her what happened next was God’s intervention as we thanked God, and prayed for our collective protection and guidance. She hit a big deer at highway speed and came away unhurt.

Then she called her dad to tell her that, unlike her aunt who was killed hitting a deer, she survived, and said she was grateful her airbag did NOT deploy as this would have bashed her already gravely fragile body. It was then her dad told her a cousin in Oregon, Glenn, was on the brink of death from pneumonia. She was most concerned and shocked nobody had told her. That’s dysfunction…I am also concerned that she holds bitterness about some past events I don’t know the details of, and is distanced from God. But there is a little glimmer, a stirring. And it was helped by my crediting God’s help with her little car taking out the deer and not vice versa. The Kansas City area has the highest density of deer in America, so it’s a constant concern.

She needs help on many levels; Glenn, also in his twenties, needs help in rebounding from the death’s door; the diabetic with the dying wife needs help; and I need prayers to know God’s will and do it, and delight in His timing, and not be so sad that people are skitterish about God in general and the Catholic Church in particular. I know God sent her to sit by me because we have the same doctor who prays with his patients before treatment (me for Fibromyalgia) so I hope the Lord can work miracles of healing and conversion for her and others for His honor and glory. May the Lord make us salt and light and bring the estranged to Him, and those who are close even closer. I thank you for the powerful response when I ask for prayer and hope the Lord shows you, in some way, the mighty effects your intercession has. I am most grateful as so many concerns burden my heart.

Prayer for the Sick
Omnipotent and eternal God, the everlasting Salvation of those who believe, hear us on behalf of Thy sick servants, Glenn and Amanda, for whom we beg the aid of Thy pitying mercy, that, with their bodily health restored, they may give thanks to Thee in Thy church. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Praying hard for them.

O Holy Trinity,
we thank you for having given to the Church
Pope John Paul II,
and for having made him shine with your fatherly tenderness,
the glory of the Cross of Christ and the splendor of the Spirit of love

He, trusting completely in your infinite mercy
	and in the maternal intercession of Mary, has shown himself 
	in the likeness of Jesus the Good Shepherd
	and has pointed out to us holiness
	as the path to reach eternal communion with You. 

Grant us, through his intercession,
	according to your will, the grace that we implore,
	in the hope that he will soon be numbered among your saints. 
	Amen.[LEFT]

[/LEFT]

Praying for your intentions.

Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory be…

Amen.

O Holy Trinity,
we thank you for having given to the Church
Pope John Paul II,
and for having made him shine with your fatherly tenderness,
the glory of the Cross of Christ and the splendor of the Spirit of love

He, trusting completely in your infinite mercy
	and in the maternal intercession of Mary, has shown himself 
	in the likeness of Jesus the Good Shepherd
	and has pointed out to us holiness
	as the path to reach eternal communion with You. 

Grant us, through his intercession,
	according to your will, the grace that we implore,
	in the hope that he will soon be numbered among your saints. 
	Amen.

I am praying for your intentions.

Praying for Amanda and Glenn …

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.