Glioma: Primary cancer of the brain

Hey, all you prayer warriors, I could use some help. I was diagnosed with glioma 2 weeks ago, had surgery that removed 95% of the tumor. Thank the Lord! I start an aggressive program of chemo and radiation on Tuesday. I could really use your prayers! Thanks again for your prayers!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Prayers sent your way. May God bless you and keep you on the path to healing.:blessyou:

Prayers said for you, Khoria Anna…

God bless.

Khoria Anna please keep us informed about how things go for you.
We will be thinking of you. :grouphug:

I will keep you in my prayers and daily Masses…Trishie

Thank you. May I request that you keep my 17 year old daugher a. . nd my patient and kind husband in your prayers also? THANK YOU ALL! I’m trying to offer this whole situation up for the lieves of he unborn May our Lord bless you all richly for your prayers.

Karen

Karen my heart and prayers go out to you. Hold strong trough this storm, for the Lord your God will always be there by your side. We will all be here praying for you and your family. Keep posting through your whole process, even if it’s just to say that you’re feeling yucky.

“Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ to heal those o our souls”
“My Jesus, pardon and mercy, by the merits of Thy Holy Wounds”

praying

Prayers promised for you and your family.

Praying for your recovery and your family.

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.

For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.
(Khoria Anna)

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

Karen, praying very hard to St. Peregrine for your complete recovery!

Continued prayers …

:gopray:

praying for healing.

Karen, praying hard for you. :console:

Thank you all for your prayers.

Looks like I’ll start radiation and chemotherapy in about a week and a half. The radiation will be at the hospital, 5 days a week for six weeks, but the chemotherapy will be daily and is taken orally in pill form (YES!!!). Then I get a week off and another six weeks of oral chemotherapy in stronger dosages.

My daughter has been on my case for years to get a cute, short, modern hairstyle, so we went out and she directed the hairdresser as to exactly what she wanted me to have. Hey, it’s going to fall out anyway, right? It’s short, cute, I like it, and it won’t take too long to grow back once the radiation is complete (or so I’ve been told).

Thank you all for your prayers; please keep 'em coming! BTW this is the same disease Senator Ted Kennedy has; please pray for his conversion and healing as well!

Bless you my dear. I know what you are going through. My husband has pancreatic cancer that was treated with cyberknife rather than surgery. He has been on chemo since May, 2008. I am praying that the Holy Spirit will surround you with its loving comfort and arms and keep your spirits up. Praying to st. Jude for that special miracle–just for you…Diane

Dear Willow Bay: Prayers for your husband for all the healing graces – bless you in your care for him. I know how important and difficult the role of a good spouse is in this process.

Still praying very hard for you!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you for all of your prayers: I can feel them!

One more minor problem. My insurance company requires that I receive all medications from them, or they won’t pay. The problem is, there will be a three-week delay in receiving the meds for my chemotherapy from the insurance company, so, as the docs want me to do chemo and radiation at the same time, treatment must be delayed for two weeks or my family must spend the equivalent of two months’ salaryto obtain my meds from an immediate source. Of course we got this info late on Friday and the insurance company is unavailable until Monday, so I can’t do battle with them until Monday. Please pray that the insurance co. will agree to get me my meds before I need to start my radiation next Monday. Thank you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.