Glioma: Primary cancer of the brain

Praying for you and your family.:signofcross:

0 Likes

I’m praying that it works out with the insurance company. When my husband has to pick up his meds for his pancreatic cancer. some of them are over $300.00 – even with insurance-- so i know what a drain it is. We are barely making it with the cost of meds, paying rent, etc.
Keeping you in prayers.
Diane

0 Likes

Praying for the insurance company to wise up and show some compassion!

0 Likes

Thanks for your prayers. After two hours on the phone with the insurance company, I’ve been assured that my meds will arrive by Next Day UPS on Thursday. Radiation is now officially scheduled now to begin on Monday, (with a dry run on Friday) so we’re right on schedule! Please keep praying that the radiation and meds zap the remains of the tumor outta here!

0 Likes

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

0 Likes

Praying very hard for you!

0 Likes

I’ll be praying for you and your family.

0 Likes

I will pray for you.

0 Likes

You are in my daily prayers. Hang in there. Our Dear Lord will heal and comfort you.

Judi

0 Likes

Said a prayer for you.

0 Likes

May the Lord wrap his arms round you and fill you with his peace.

God bless

0 Likes

Still praying very hard for your complete recovery!

0 Likes

I’m still praying for you and your family. And now for a good resolution with the insurance company.

0 Likes

To all of you with so many prayer concerns of your own, thank you for praying for me. I’m praying for your intentions, also.

Well, one day of radiation and one day of chemo down without any real adverse side effects http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon14.gif – only 39 more to go in this go-round! Feels good to finally be doing something!

Everyone, my prayers go with you for a blessed Christmas and joy-filled New Year.

Karen

0 Likes

Merry Christmas and a great 2009 for you Karen!

0 Likes

Thank you all for your prayers! Last night, I was blessed to take my LAST DOSE OF CHEMO. No more stomach upset for a while! Last of the every-weekday radiation treatments is February 11! Other than exhaustion and hair loss, those aren’t bad at all!

:extrahappy:

On March 11, I’ll have a scan to determine how much more (and what kind of) treatment I’ll need.:confused: Please pray for me and my family for patience during this waiting period. (at least while I’m doing chemo and radiation, I feel like I’m doing something about this!) So it will be “let go and let God” for a month.

:byzsoc: There are so many of you on my heart. I’ll do my best during this waiting to spend more time in prayer for the concerns you’ve posted.

Thank you all!

Karen

0 Likes

Karen we’re delighted that you have come thus far, and that you are feeling some relief. We ask the Lord to continue to help youin your recovery to good health.
God bless you…Trishie

0 Likes

Still praying for your healing.

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.

For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.
(Karen)

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

0 Likes

Karen, Praise God you are done with chemo and have a few more radiation treatments. Will pray for you that you get a all clear bill of health after this. God Bless

0 Likes

May I ask for continuing prayers?

A couple of days after my last radiation treatment, I began to exhibit strange behavior changes and confusion. Visit to the ER at the cancer center resulted in a new MRI revealing that, since my surgery, the main tumor has begun to grow back (despite aggressive chemo and radiation), plus three new nodes were detected. The doctors can’t be sure because the swelling from the radiation has not totally subsided. The nodes could be dead cells or brand new tumors.

So, as of today, I’m back on double dose chemo. Can’t have any more radiation for awhile. Next scan is scheduled for March 11 — hopefully the swelling will have subsided enough that they will be able to get a true reading.

Please pray that my family (and especially my 17 y-o daughter, 80 y-o mother, and my DH) will learn to trust God through all of this no matter what the results are. Please pray that I will begin to show them an example of trust in God’s love. Please pray that I will be able to get out of the PLOMs (Poor Little Old Me’s).

Thanks, all! I’ll contine to offer up my poor prayers for all of the many, many prayer concerns here on CAF.

Karen

0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.