Global Warming: A Sunday Law Event?

The entire complex of catastrophes now overtaking the globe, beginnig
with the ecologic catastrophes, to the progress of global strife
towards a WWIII in the Middle East, all to the tune of drugs, sex, and
Rock’n Roll, ie the collapse of the moral order of the Western World in
particular and the entire world in general as witnessed by the AIDS
pandemic, is a package deal to be ultimately resolved by the SUNDAY LAW.

Wait and see. It will all be laid to the charge of SIN in America
first, and then nation by nation to all the world. The appeasement of
an offended God who translates sin into permitting or causing the
various global catastrophes will require a universal Sunday law.

edition.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/01/23/climate.report.ap/index.html

If your prophecy turns out not to be true, will you then convert?

The entire complex of catastrophes now overtaking the globe, beginnig
with the ecologic catastrophes, to the progress of global strife
towards a WWIII in the Middle East, all to the tune of drugs, sex, and Rock’n Roll, ie the collapse of the moral order of the Western World in particular and the entire world in general as witnessed by the AIDS pandemic, is a package deal to be ultimately resolved by the SUNDAY LAW.

Wait and see. It will all be laid to the charge of SIN in America
first, and then nation by nation to all the world. The appeasement of an offended God who translates sin into permitting or causing the various global catastrophes will require a universal Sunday law.

I believe every word you have said. Actually it is pretty common sense. I have been thinking along the same lines for the last few months.

Given that global warming has now passed the critical point of ‘no return’, one wonders how far away armageddon is.

The moon ceasing to give its light. I suggest is the effects of the vast quantities of methane now escaping into the atomosphere. We can’t breathe methane so I ask the question from the scientific members of this forum, what happens when methane mixes with oxygen in the atomosphere? What is produced? What happens when methane mixes with hydrogen, what is produced then?

What is the critical level at which we will no longer be able to breathe?

The saline solution in the earths waters will be diluted by all the melting ice entering the waters. What will happen to the worlds fish and coral stock when there is less salt in the waters?

With global warming, not only does the ice turn to water thereby increasing its mass, but it further increases due to water expanding as it warms up. Where will all the displaced people around the globe migrate to?

Ice being white, reflects a lot of the suns rays. What happens when it melts and the sea being darker, absorbs the suns rays formerly reflected. Does this make the earth get even hotter?
Is anyone listening?

What about if we all wear sack cloth and declare a fast and beg our God to intervene?

With God, all things ar possible

What does this have to do with “Global Warming” (see title of thread)

Also, why are you starting a new thread on the same topic?

Since Adventists came up with this idea in the nineteenth century, they have interpreted every world crisis as what will lead up to the ‘Sunday Law’.

World War I, the Spanish Flu, the dust bowl, the depression, WWII, nuclear weapons, the cold war… etc etc etc.

Lately its been GW Bush, the 9/11 incident, the Iraq war, and now… Global Warming.

All of these were supposed to lead to the ‘BIG’ crisis that will trigger the Sunday Law.

All of these theories over look an inconvenient fact. Adventism came out of Victorian times and is extremely euro-centric in its views of history and religion.

Why would Buddhists adopt a sunday worship law to appease a God they do not even believe in? Buddhists typically do not worship a diety at all. Why would moslems adopt a Sunday law after a Christian model? They would be more likely to blame Christians for the trouble, not join them in some apeasement token.

Adventists believe that the entire world will embrace an apostate Christianity and that their little group will be the chosen remnant and be saved from the end times.

Adventists believe that at this time our ‘probation’ will close and those not keeping saturday as a sabbath will be beyond saving. Sunday will be the mark of the beast in their prophecy interpretations.

This is not supported by scripture. It takes snipping bits of verses here and there and stringing them together with generous helpings of Ellen White to make sense of it at all.

Adventists believe the sabbath is God’s ‘seal’ and that those keeping it will be ‘sealed’ at the last days, leaving the rest of the world to be lost. Problem with that, is there is not one passage of scripture refering to the Sabbath as God’s seal. There are several that tell us the Holy Spirit is God’s seal.

Adventists will make what day you worship on a test for salvation, but remain pro-choice on the matter of abortion, doing little to prevent the slaughter of the innocent.

I was at an Adventist university at the time of discussion on what position the SDA church should take on abortion and the right to life movement. They refused to become involved in pro-life activities, adopted a wishy washy position statment that ultimately says the mother has the right to make her own decision, and many Adventist hospitals continued to perform abortions. One reason given for not taking a stand… Taking a stance against abortion would ‘distract’ from the ‘sabbath message’. THAT is their priority.

I do think the abortion issue is relevant to the sabbath issue for the following reason. They claim to be superior to other Christians becuase they 'keep ALL of the commandments".

As I remember, ‘Thou shalt not kill’ was one of the commandments too.

To reduce the third commandment (or fourth, depending on how you count) to a Saturday/Sunday issue is to MISS entirely the point. We are to regularly set aside time for spiritual things. Exactly what that looks like will depend on where (geography) and when (culture and time) you live. To interpret that otherwise leaves you with absurdities such as trying to find the exact slice of time to call Saturday around the gerrymandered International Date Line, above the arctic circle with its weeks long periods of daylight, or in space, where there is no sunset, no sunrise at all. When is it sabbath on the international space station? On the moon?

MarysRoses

Why are Adventists obsessed with only one Commandment - keeping the Sabbath ??

Even their name is about the “seventh day”.

Out of the whole Bible, is that the thing they think is the most important ??

And why ???

Oh please give us your logical outline how Global Warming will cause A Sunday Law Event.

Otherwise, you are full of that which fertilizes the earth naturally!

Why don’t you realize how stupid you sound?

I know that I’m :confused: and don’t see the connection :rolleyes:

97° F = A Law that said everyone must worship on Sunday. :nope: I don’t see it!

I hope that the OP will come back and give us an logical outline on how global warming will lead to a Sunday Law Event.:slight_smile:

OK, I’ll just “Wait and see.” What else can anyone do in the face of false prophetic announcements?

Yeah so might be a good idea ta get back ta Saturday church :wink:

Hey Goitalone, I thought that according to your beliefs, Christians who don’t worship on Saturday are violating God’s law regarding the Sabbath. And there are Christians the world over who have weekly worship on Sunday and not on Saturday. Yet your really big finger seems to be pointing only at the U.S. with all your talk about Sunday Law. I don’t know why I’m even bothering to add my 2 cents. Goitalone is not really interested in dialogue. Like another poster indicated, he just wants to start another thread to rehash the same topic. I vote that he talks all by his alonesome at this point.

And he is too cowardly to address each question put to him. He would fail miserably if he were to engage himself in a public debate. And if only a bible was allowed for source material…:smiley:

**What about if we all wear sack cloth and declare a fast and beg our God to intervene?

What if we all started acting like we understood that we were part of nature and the natural world instead of like it we were somehow separate and it was only for our use?

This is really, really odd. I don’t know much about Adventist, not many around here, but from the few things I’ve read here and there, this is really strange, almost manic, delusional, and totally ignoring everything else about Christianity. Am I right about that, it just seems so, well, off some how. Tunnel vision to the max. We are messing up the environment for sure, but what does that have to do with ‘The Sunday Law’?

GoItAlone has failed to answer the question. He just evades the question.

Goitalone- Catholics do have church on Saturday. They do worship on Saturday. So what do you define as a Saturday Church?

From what I can make out of goitalone’s posts, humans have nearly destroyed the planet and the results are global warming. God is mad at us for allowing this to happen so He will somehow make our leaders declare this Sunday Law, so we all start worshipping on Saturdays, to please God and make up for what we have done.

I don’t agree with any of these statements

Indeed, twice in my parish on Saturday. One at 8:00am and one at 5:30pm. Maybe the Catholic Church is a two for Saturday Church and as such twice as Holy as your average once on Saturday church? :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.