Global warming could lead to more Arctic energy

"The Arctic offers new energy and fishing resources as a result of global warming and new technology, the European Union said on Thursday. Melting ice also presented new navigation possibilities such as a short route to the Pacific Ocean, the EU executive said. The European Union should lead international efforts to protect the Arctic region from global warming and from the resulting increase in the exploitation by humans of its natural resources, officials in Brussels said Thursday.

exchangemagazine.com/morningpost/2008/week47/Friday/112105.htm

I wish global warming were true. For the first time in the 7 seven years in this God forsaken northern state, we have had our first snow 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. Now it has started to snow every few days, causing slippery streets and hazardous driving. We hope disparately for warmer weather (above freezing).

Heck this just makes me want buy another gas guzzling SUV and have a big outside BBQ this weekend.

Don’t need the car just want to buy it to upset the Algore global warming crowd.:extrahappy:

In any global warming scenario, there are winners and losers. The US will be a net loser, first from a drier, warmer midwest/west.

have a big outside BBQ this weekend.

Good deal. Didn’t they tell you that barbequeing is “green?”

Yep heck we have been going through a pretty major drought these last couple of years here in Georgia…though things have eased up a bit in the last year. But the year before that I think I could count on one hand the times it did more the sprinkle a few minutes. And I donlt think Georgia is the only state in the southeast affected either.

Yep heck we have been going through a pretty major drought these last couple of years here in Georgia…though things have eased up a bit in the last year. But the year before that I think I could count on one hand the times it did more the sprinkle a few minutes. And I donlt think Georgia is the only state in the southeast affected either.

It’s an adjustment. But I think the drought in Georgia will not be a long-term trend. As weather patterns are changing, there are wide areas in the Southeast having drier than usual weather.

thedailygreen.com/cm/thedailygreen/images/E7/drought-map-0228-lg.jpg

As you figured I was kidding in my last post.

When it comes to Barbeque that’s news to me I thought I read somewhere that some people were trying to ban BBQ in some cites because of the smoke?

I don’t use gas I use charcoal and wood for smoking meat. I have a Char-griller for smoking
chargriller.com/
I don’t use the gas anymore maybe sometimes for grilling you know hot and fast.

When I smoke meat I’ll cook low and slow 12 to 20 hours.

When it comes to Barbeque that’s news to me I thought I read somewhere that some people were trying to ban BBQ in some cites because of the smoke?

Might be, but renewable wood is actually better than non-renewable gas. In Texas, for example, mesquite is a pest, a trash tree that sucks water out of pastureland. And it makes great wood for grilling. Two birds with one stone. Besides wood-smoked barbeque tastes better.

That could be true but I don’t use mesquite. To me mesquite has a bitter taste to it.

I use Hickory, Peach, Pecan, Oak, Apple, and Cherry wood for smoking.

Totally agree wood smoked barbeque tastes better.

Sorry got off topic.

Cool, we’ll need that extra energy for increased air conditioning needs.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.