Gloria Allred wants Rush Limbaugh prosecuted for calling law student Sandra Fluke a slut

WPTV (Palm Beach,FL)

Gloria Allred wants Rush Limbaugh prosecuted for calling law student Sandra Fluke a slut

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) – A high-profile attorney is calling for Rush Limbaugh to be prosecuted for calling a college student a “slut” and a “prostitute” on his radio show.

Gloria Allred sent a letter to the Palm Beach County Attorney’s Office saying an obscure defamation statute should be used against Limbaugh. That law says it’s a misdemeanor to falsely and maliciously question a woman’s chastity.

In an interview Friday, Allred said Limbaugh “should have to bear the consequences of his extremely outrageous” conduct.

Limbaugh lives on Palm Beach and broadcasts his nationally syndicated show from there.

The county attorney’s office doesn’t handle criminal matters and forwarded the letter to the state attorney for Palm Beach County, who had no immediate comment.

A representative for Limbaugh did not immediately reply to an email seeking comment.

I wonder if Allred consulted Ms Fluke before floating this idea?
If “imputing want of chastity” is defamation is Rush off the hook if Fluke had engaged in pre-marital sex?

Sometimes I wonder how these people got through highschool… Anyway… Now we have another example of the Constitution being tred on (pun intended).

Sounds like this high-profile attorney has a lot of time on her hands.

I wonder if she’s just as outraged at the insults Bill Maher has hurled at women.

God bless :thumbsup:

I suppose people will be prosescuted for calling a spade a sapde next?

Interesting… How many times has Ms. Allred cited the this “misdemeanor to falsely and maliciously question a woman’s chastity” in the past?

Edit: Surely as a women’s right’s attorney, she’s used this to defend women. No?

Its not exactly questioning someone's chastity when they've admitted to not being chaste.

Gloria Allred is a professional feminist and anti-male agitator. She is an expert in generating headlines and publicity. It definately sounds like she was having a slow period in her Law practice!
Like all professional feminists, the first amendment only applies to their rants. Any opposition, especially by males, must be intimidated into silence.

Why is she not calling for Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann, Ed Schultz, Bill Maher etc. to be prosecuted for using disgusting language against women? Double standard! Their comments were made at conservative women thus I am guessing it does not matter to Gloria Allred.

You encapsulate the whole sad truth of this matter with your observations, and really it is clear evidence of how insidious this new , “dictatoship of the media” (as Pope Benedict XVI describes it) has become, seeking to re-define and slant all things toward their radical views and agendas.

Suddenly, slander becomes qualified by that entity which controls the ways by which its definition is propagandized and presented: The media. Gloria Allred is just another agent provocateur given a spot on that powerful secular pulpit, agitating for the counter-cultural cause…always pushing the message, manipulating truth and reason.

Objective jounalism has been replaced by this new propagandist tyranny, and I fear we are just beginning to feel its heavy heel on our necks. Discrimination as to where and how one obtains information has now become an imperative for those who wish to remain free from manipulation, indoctrination, and control. Liberty demands vigilence.

I doubt it.

[quote=didymus]If “imputing want of chastity” is defamation is Rush off the hook if Fluke had engaged in pre-marital sex?
[/quote]

I doubt Ms Fluke wants a public court record on things like this…how many men she’s had relations with…how many, if any, abortions she’s had, etc.

Double standard??? :hmmm:

Jackson Lee, Schakowsky: No Comment on Maher Statements and ObamaPAC Donation

Oh-----------but you forget, Bill is (magic word----wait for it) a COMEDIAN!!!

He’s SUPPOSED to say stuff like this!!! Rush is one of the powers behind the GOP. He basically helps control the GOP!! Power, I tell ya!! :rolleyes:

Although----all kidding aside, I seriously doubt even a right-leaning comedian like Dennis Miller would be forgiven the insult if he were to call either Palin OR Hillary Clinton the “c” or “t” words. He would have to change his identity and get out of town.
It’s only offensive if you insult a person whose beliefs and values you share. :thumbsup:

Yep.

My disgust at the world we live in grows everyday. May God and Christ help us all. :shrug :frowning:

One of the very troubling aspects of Gloria Allred’s idea is the suppression of free speech. In Canada, Australia, and Europe what politicians deem to be “hate speech” can be prosecuted. As far as I know, in those countries Rush Limbaugh could be in hot water with an aggressive, overly political prosecutor looking to make a name for his/her self.

I disagree with Ms Flukes idea that religious institutions should be forced to support free contraception. Additionally don’t think what was said about Ms Fluke was right. It was offensive. And also believe we should have free speech in the US, no matter how poor the words used at the time are.

Mark Steyn has written some about writers that have been prosecuted for offending others in the west. One article I recall about Andrew Bolt of Australia.

“FREE SPEECH IN AUSTRALIA”

steynonline.com/4115/free-speech-in-australia

Let’s be honest here. Anytime there is an opportunity to bash conservatives, enter Gloria Allred. Remember Herman Cain? Yes took up the mantle on that one, and have we heard another word? No, we have not. She accomplished what she set out to do–smear a conservative candidate and then move on. She is an utter disgrace to her profession.

Yep. She is worse than an ambulance chaser.

Since truth is always a defense to defamation...

;)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/428079_10151356428385471_435917560470_23145123_1122159511_n.jpg

If everyone will give this a little more thought, they will realize that anyone who doesn’t want Rush jailed is a woman-hater. I hour the DA does the right thing. It should be a crime to say anything against women’s reproductive freedom. Their are limits to free speech.Stu

Fluke is a national treasure. God loves Sandra and hates Rush.

I wish you would give a little more thought to articulating what you are trying to say.

God loves birth control??
or is this sarcasm?

God bless :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.