Gloria and Litany of the Saints

Anybody know a good source for buying either?

I would like to download or buy on CD traditional versions of both the Gloria, (the same one sung in Mass) and the Litany of the Saints, because they are two of my favorite pieces of music and I would like to listen to them on my own. I would actually like both a Latin and English version of the Litany.

I have not been able to find any, or if I do find a version, I don’t like it because it’s not traditional.

When you say traditional versions you would have to be much more specific. There are many settings for the Gloria, even in the Extraordinary Form. There are several different chants on iMesh. Gloria VIII is the one I remember most from my childhood.

Litany of the Saints OTOH, I couldn’t find.

I don’t know enough about music to be able to explain. I really just mean what I am used to hearing in Mass.

Thanks! I will look on iMesh.

Here is a sung Liturgy Of The Saints:
stbenedictcatholic.org/music/lots.mp3
this was the one played at my ordination.
I was prostrated for the whole prayer,
on my crucifix, left a nice mark on me too.
my bishop said I was marked by god. :smiley:

Do you go to the Extraordinary Form Mass? If so you might find the Gloria you’re familiar with in the chants on iMesh. Or are you looking for an English Gloria, the most common of which for years was the one from the (New)Good Shepherd Mass by Stephen Somerville?

There is a Latin Litany on youtube, the one from JPII’s funeral. It sounds amazingly like the English one we use in our parish.

This version is beautiful, thank you!:slight_smile:

Yes, the funeral on YouTube is the only place I could find it.

Thanks for the recommendations.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.