Glorified Heavenly Bodies

(Sorry, not sure if I posted this in the right forum… please move this post if necessary)

I was trying to search for information about how our glorified heavenly bodies will be like after the resurrection of the dead… when our bodies and souls are united in heaven.

I found this website. catholicmatters.com/heav02.htm

can you guys tell me if I can trust the information in it? Is it authentically catholic?

Catholics are not obligated to believe the revelations of saints (such as St. Bridget) …revelations which are in addition to sacred scripture and Catholic teaching of the Magesterium.

Here are just two of the many scriptures which speaks on this subject.

“Now are we the children of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that when He shall appear, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is, and everyone who has this hope in themselves, purifies themselves, even as He is pure.”
(1 John).

**"Our citizenship is in heaven, from whence also we look for our Lord Jesus Christ, who shall **transform ****(metamorphize) our lowly bodies like unto his glorious body, according to the power whereby he is able to subdue all things unto himself."
Philippians.

God’s hope and peace be with you

micah

St. Thomas Aquinas in his Summa Theologica talks quite a bit about it. I am away from my PC right now or I'd provide a link. I will post one later unless someone else posts it.

Mgr. Jean-Joseph Gaume (1802-1879) has treated the subject in his Catechism of Perseverance and answers that the new glorified bodies will have four main qualities of being (1) impassible, (2) bright, (3) agile and (4) subtle. The Supplement of the Summa Theologica (No. 82-85) by St. Thomas Aquinas and an article on the General Resurrection from the Catholic Encyclopedia expound on the matter as well.

Catechism of Perseverance, Second Course, Chapter XXII:

Q. What are the qualities of the body glorious?
A. The bodies of the saints after resurrection will have four principal qualities; impassibility, by which they will be incapable of feeling any inconvenience or suffering; brightness, which will render them more brilliant than the sun, and which will be greater or less, in proportion to the merit of the saint; agility, which will free the body from the weight which bears it down, and will permit the soul to carry the body whithersoever it chooses with facility and speed; lastly, subtlety, which will render the body entirely subject to the soul.

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.