Gluttony vs. temperance

Wow… the Lord is so good and right on time!!! Becasue I have been struggling with trying to understand the difference between gluttony/overeating and temperance, but in my priest’s homily today he talked about that!!! And afterwards, during adoration I talked with Jesus about my eating habbits lol…

And we=me and Jesus, came to the conclusion that I’m only going to eat out once a week, abd only have some ice cream 1-2 times a week…

And I"m still not sure about having one pastry a day or so…

But… without getting to technical, can some of you expalin to me what the difference is between gluttony and temprance-in our culture/society today?

p.s. and I’ve decided to quit drinking starbucks as well… lol…

Good for you. Such discipline is good for the soul.
It has been my observation for some time that dieting and spiritual growth have many things in common. They both require commitment, determination, discipline, and improvement is generally incremental. Best of luck on your journey.

But… without getting to technical, can some of you explain to me what the difference is between gluttony and temperance-in our culture/society today?

Not really sure what you are asking here. Overall our western societies are too use to too much. The mass media feeds our desire for more, so that temperance is set aside for gluttony.
However - the day is coming when there will be much need, hunger and privation.

Peace
James

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.