God created Evil?

If everything God created was good then where from evil ??.. where from HIV?? … where from death and poverty ??

cozay.com

God did not create evil. God created free will. Evil occurs when free will is abused. Death came about as a result of our own stubbornness. Adam and Eve were made in harmony with God, but they chose to disobey him. It is diesobedience to God from which all pain and suffering extend.

The poor exist because someone steals the fruits of their labor, or else denies them the opportunities to work. Otherwise, they do not work, they deserve no food, because they refuse to work and earn it.

I hope I helped clear some of this up?

The bible teaches that God did create evil.

Isaiah 45:7 -
The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating evil; I am the LORD who does all these.

Proverbs
16:4 -
The LORD has made everything for its own purpose, Even the wicked for the day of evil.

Why, because it pleases Him.

Our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased (Psa. 115:3).
He doeth whatsoever pleaseth him (Eccl. 8:3).
Thou, O Lord hast done as it pleased thee (Jonah 1:14). Whatsoever the Lord pleased, that did he in heaven, and earth, and in the seas, and in all the deep places (Psa. 135:6).
He does all his pleasure (Isa. 46:10; Isa. 44:24-28; Eph. 1:5,9; Phillipians 2:13).

Man can’t accept this fact.

My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts (Isa. 55:8,9)

It would be a redundant statement to give thanks for only the good things God wills.

1Th 5:18 -
in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Here is what I found on Catholic.com site regarding this topic:

It is a more difficult to understand when Scripture speaks of God willing evil to someone (e.g., Jer 18:7-11). This must be squared with God’s complete goodness. There would seem to be two ways of doing so.

The first solution is that God never wills moral evil to anyone. He only *allows *them to become morally evil. He may positively will physical evil (pain, hunger, sickness, death) when it will serve to achieve a greater good (e.g., repentance, avoidance of danger). This appears to be the historically more common explanation in Catholic thought.

However, it is also possible to hold that even in the case of physical evil God is merely allowing it for a greater end, not positively willing it. It seems better to accord with God’s absolute benevolence that God would merely allow evil, whether physical or moral, rather than will evil.

This distinction has an impact on how one reads statements regarding God willing evil in Scripture. Statements suggesting that God willed or brought moral evil on someone (e.g., “the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh”; Ex. 9:12) must be interpreted in the sense that God allowed the moral evil (e.g., by withdrawing his grace from one who has resisted it). Statements that he willed or brought about physical evil (e.g., a plague) could be interpreted either to mean that he willed the evil to achieve a good or that he allowed the evil to achieve the good.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.