God does NOT hate (homosexual individuals)

www.godhatesfags.com

These guys (a baptist church in Iowa) came to our graduation to protest homosexuality. They also protested at our church. They are from Iowa and came to a small California city to protest.They believe The Late Holy Father is in Hell and coincidently they’re zip code contains the infamous “666”. They think that EVERY Catholic priest is a child rapist, and one sign claimed that Father Rocha, (our pastor) is a whore.They don’t even know him! Also, the bible clearly states on several occasions that God loves EVERYBODY, not just heterosexual individuals.
One approached me as I was at church and told me that if my father truly loved me, he wouldn’t let me be catholic, because otherwise I am exposing myself to possibly being molested. I think there a bunch of idiots. They seem to be beyond help. They still however, need our prayers.

Ignore those idiots, Andrew!

These are the same people who attend funerals of AIDS victims to celebrate … What more do you need to know about them?

If … and it’s a big “if” … they actually believe the garbage they spew (and aren’t just desperately seeking attention), they are going to be in for a very big surprise.

Jesus told us to forgive ALL men. It is true that the way they think is wrong, but if we bad mouth them, then we are just as bad as they are. Christ forgave the world, so we should forgive. Pray for them and ask our lord to have mercy on thier souls.

[quote=anunes] They still however, need our prayers.
[/quote]

You got the essense of the whole situation in one go. Well done!! :thumbsup: Now thats what I call a genuine Christian attitude.

As Fr Angelus Shaughenessy says "Our love for God is equal to the love we have for the one we love least. In fact it is equal to the love we extend to the one we hate most.

I could learn so much from you my friend :o

Pray for me!

That group really burns me up. They are the definition of irony. God does not hate anyone, period. It strikes me how they don’t see how what they are doing is the work of Satan and not of God. :mad:

Allow me to commend you on your very mature attitude and outlook regarding this whole business. If you are the future of the Catholic Church then we are in very good shape.

God bless.

Their “picketing ministry”, especially at military funerals, is going to result in someone getting hurt or killed. Where is their respect for the dead and the grieving? That is a sick bunch of people.

[quote=marvin]Allow me to commend you on your very mature attitude and outlook regarding this whole business. If you are the future of the Catholic Church then we are in very good shape.

God bless.
[/quote]

:thumbsup:

I was thinking the exact thing!

Personally, I don’t understand such hateful theology, and I would be afraid for their souls. Anunes…you are so right. They are the one that need prayers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.