God GIve Me Strength

I have been in an abusive relationship for 18 yrs and I have almost completely lost everything that made me- ME. I am very depressed & contemplated suicide on many occasions. I know I have been given the chance to change & leave before but I have never been this sure thats what I want. I am willing to leave w/ the clothes on my back & the money in my pocket. I have started to look for an apt. & it looks good so far. I am worried about how this will effect my life and I pray that it does not get worse. I am looking to God to help me feel self worth again & to move on with my life! I am praying for the strength & sound mind to make this decision in my life! I am praying for HELP from all of the Saints! Especially St. Rita whom I know watches over me! I am praying that I can make this move and that my daughter will be happier than ever!! I pray that God will provide me with everything I need once I leave. I PRAY that I am able to endure the remaining time I will be at my home with my husband.
God has provided for me again and I feel as though this is my last chance if I dont take it this time that my sufferings will be this the rest of my life.
GOD HELP ME TO BE STRONG, WILLING and ABLE TO CHANGE, and PLEASE GIVE ME A SOUND MIND & BODY! In Jesus Name I Pray!!- Amen:clapping::clapping:

Thank you for the opportunity to support you with prayers for your next steps. I will pray for you to be lead to this new life safely but may I also offer some suggestions. If you have any fear regarding retaliation please utilize the systems out there that provide support while you transition. In most large areas there are woman’s shelters and support groups available, you cold benefit from their suggestions and help.

Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

prayers said for you at this difficult time

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

No woman should put up with a Husband , boyfriend that is abusive and violent. Leave him , as the other Forum person said there is help out there, one should not put one’s life at risk. Who do these men think they are, would they like an abusive and violent wife, no they would not. Get out while the going is OK.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying for your intentions.

I just said a prayer for you. God bless you.

Bless your heart. I know God will be with you. Don’t be afraid, as another poster suggested, to use community resources to help you in your flight. Make sure you have all important papers (birth certificate, passport, tax info, copies of bills, mortgage statements, investment papers, etc) tucked away somewhere safe where you can access them without going back to your old home.

St. Rita is a very dear saint to me. May she intercede for you and may your guardian angel protect you.

A prayer to St. Rita when in special need…

O powerful St. Rita, rightly called Saint of the Impossible, I come to you with confidence in my great need. You know well my trials, for you yourself were many times burdened in this life. Come to my help, speak for me, pray with me, intercede on my behalf before the Father. I know that God has a most generous heart and that he is a most loving Father. Join your prayers to mine and obtain for me the grace I desire: please help St.Rita_follower in her desire for safety, dignity and new life. You who were so very pleasing to God on earth and are so much so now in heaven, I promise to use this favor, when granted, to better my life, to proclaim God’s mercy, and to make you more widely known and loved. Amen.

St. Rita, pray for us!

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle;
be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray:
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

Yes, try to get all that you can in one place, so you will not have to go back. do you have a safety plan? Many years ago, I was in abusive marriage. I left with clothes on my back and my two young children. Also, as OP said there are women shelters out there, if you need one. They have individual and group counseling in these homes.

Praying for you.

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with thee.
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

I assume you have explored a battered woman’s shelter? If not PLEASE consider looking for one. They are very safe and secure. This might allow you to escape with your daughter faster, and buy you more time for apartment shopping.

After you go, please consider counseling for yourself and your daughter. Too often spouses and children when they are grown find out they are some how attracted to abusers, OR that abusers are attracted to them. Counseling will address this, you will know how to see warning flags before trouble gets there.
PS:
Men who do this are NOT men. They are mean bully cowards.

Please share as often as you feel the need! We all are praying for you!

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

I know this is a difficult time for you. May God give you strength, faith, peace, hope and love. I’m praying for you.

Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

Amen.

Praying for your protection

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

Praying that the Lord may mercifully strengthen you and guide you to safety. Also praying for all necessary graces for you and your daughter.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.