God gives no more than we can take...!

I have always believed that God will never allow a person to go through more than thay can take. I get a job and miraculous things happen. Example, this job I have with youth at risk, A youth wanted to die, he just happened to be the son of a Judge. I did what the Lord had me do and he now is doing a course, and in response the judge set our centre up to gain $70,000.
This happens every where I go, the changes happen so speadily I’m told not to counsell my way because theres no money because people see me once or twice and are better. .Children on the verge of being kicked out of school are next change for the better, gaining recognition in the school, gangs changing people asking how this happens, I know it is God, but why so much jealousy, I thought people would love to have a person around to cause change, but no.

What nappens is that each job lasts only one and a half years and I lose it and the same thing happens in the next, as I said miricals, Gods providence…and then jealousy comes through the leaders seeing what happens and down the road I go.I am so frustrated (and this is my humaness) I love how the Lord uses me, The spirit in me is so strong it causes change, but then i am flattened when just when I enjoy the job I get the words that I might be down the road.

This at times is very hard to take when you have youth trying to get rid of you even though they would not have a home if I did not have them here. And yet I know that I am here to cause change , more in the spirit than the mind, but I’ve been told that if a youth attacks again and I restrain again then I lose my job.
I have been favoured in that I have had beautiful visions of Our Lord through songs I write about Him, He guides me so joyously, sometimes I end up on my knees through His pouring His spirit into me and I can’t other than cry it is so overpowering. When I’m with people Gods word pores out of me even if I have not got my bible there and its all empowering words from anywhere in the bible and always connects up with old testement and the new testement revealing Jesus Christ. At times I listen and learn from what comes out of my mouth, I’m no mystic, just a person God uses. I go through so much hardship but I seem to see the power of God through it.
But why the jealousy and inability to keep jobs after the people I work fore being blessed???

I know God uses me to cause change but I am frustrated that this job change happens so often when provideence and or miricals happen. I’m frustrated. what is happening

little one

perhaps if you do not publicize your involvement in these events you will not suffer any repercussions from them

I understand your point and I don’t usually publicise, and I must say that I have now peace back. It was only a time but I will forget myself in that Jesus got the same persucution and more, and tells us to expect the same. So I’m sorry, I had a little laps of spiritual forgetfulness.
Sorry
Godbless.
littleone

God uses everyone to make change.

I’ve been frustrated before because I’ve helped others become wealthy and successful, and not by doing much more than planting some seed in their minds of hope or of something they like so much they can’t help but pursue it, and yet I ended up disabled due to mental illness. If I had a tenth of the money I’ve helped others make I’d be sitting pretty in a financial sense, but I don’t.

If I understand you right, you’re saying that you are used by God to catalyze miracles but it makes your employers jealous and they fire you for it. I suggest that you a) don’t assume it’s because of jealousy unless you have some pretty tangible evidence, and b) work on learning how to accept the peace Jesus gave us – not as the world gives which is by definition conditional and lasts only as long as the conditions are good, but a peace that is unconditional and eternal. I don’t have to like the way things are to have peace, because peace is a gift from God that I can either accept or not.

From what all you said I take it you have a strong affinity for the Holy Spirit. (Correct me if I’m wrong on that.) If you truly believe the Holy Spirit is in charge, it follows that you are receiving exactly what God wants you to be receiving at any given moment. He’s either in control or He’s not. Maybe you’re being called to a deeper level of union with God, which requires you to let go of more of your self – the self that holds onto worldly conditions for peace. Let go, let yourself live one day at a time. Plan for tomorrow, but don’t let yourself stew over it or you might cook your brains.

Peace and love,
Alan

Alan

God uses everyone, though some of us are more aware of it and sensitive to it than others.

I’ve been frustrated before because I’ve helped others become wealthy and successful, and not by doing much more than planting some seed in their minds of hope or of something they like so much they can’t help but pursue it, and yet I ended up disabled due to mental illness. If I had a tenth of the money I’ve helped others make I’d be sitting pretty in a financial sense, but I don’t.

If I understand you right, you’re saying that you are used by God to catalyze miracles but it makes your employers jealous and they fire you for it. I suggest that you a) don’t assume it’s because of jealousy unless you have some pretty tangible evidence, and b) work on learning how to accept the peace Jesus gave us – not as the world gives which is by definition conditional and lasts only as long as the conditions are good, but a peace that is unconditional and eternal. I don’t have to like the way things are to have peace, because peace is a gift from God that I can either accept or not. :heaven:

From what all you said I take it you have a strong affinity for the Holy Spirit. (Correct me if I’m wrong on that.) If you truly believe the Holy Spirit is in charge, it follows that you are receiving exactly what God wants you to be receiving at any given moment. He’s either in control or He’s not. Maybe you’re being called to a deeper level of union with God, which requires you to let go of more of your self – the self that holds onto worldly conditions for peace. Let go, let yourself live one day at a time. Plan for tomorrow, but don’t let yourself stew over it or you might cook your brains. :wink:

Peace and love,
Alan

Another though about God giving us more than we can take. I’d say that may be true of our spirits, but not of our bodies. God lets people get killed all the time. Maybe their spirits can take it, but their bodies surely don’t.

So IMO it’s mostly a word definition issue: what does “than we can take” mean, specifically? What does “we” mean? Hmmm… I’m starting to sound like Clinton. :stuck_out_tongue:

Alan

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.