God Gives us more then we can handle

In my case this is true this is true this week this month and this minute. :eek: I won't go into particulars as it really doesn't matter. When it comes down to it I'm just at the end of my endurance and ask everyone to pray for me. :shrug:

I have thought the same things in the past - and you know what - I am still here. Me still being here just gives me a better opportunity to evangelize later to those that do not believe that with Him we can do all things if we believe.

I'll certainly pray for you Sierrah. Just know you're never alone and that you're loved tremendously. I pray you find peace with yourself and your troubles.

You are right Sierrah. Sometimes God does give us too much to handle on our own–I have been in that boat–and I learned that with God`s grace, it can be a lesson that with dependence on God, and with the help of our brothers and sisters here on earth, and the saints and angels praying for us in heaven, we can somehow survive it.

I will keep you in my prayers. If you ever need a friendly ear, please feel free to PM me.

Sincerely,

Maria1212

You got it! sending prayers through Our Lady.

Lately, I finding that daily life is grinding me down, but it’s more of a pressing weight than a great burden.

I’m sure with Our Lady on the case, things will feel better soon. God bless

Take comfort, that little saying is not in the Bible or Church teaching -

We can NEVER handle it, God wants us not to try to handle things but to surrender everything to Him. God wants us to help each other (“Bear ye one another’s burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ”). Let your Parish family help you, those of us far away can pray!

How do you know you can’t handle it?
You’re “handling” it now…

[quote="HeWillProvide, post:7, topic:190876"]
How do you know you can't handle it?
You're "handling" it now....

[/quote]

Just barely getting by these days. Everything has worn me down...:shrug: I don't have any hope anymore it's just all gone. It's actually a lot of things not one thing in particular but all together it's more then I can handle and it's starting to make me ill. :shrug:

I’m sorry… I’ve been there… it’s not fun. :frowning:

I quote this a lot… one of my favorite passages…
Jeremiah 29:11-14…

For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the LORD, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope.
When you call me, when you go to pray to me, I will listen to you.
When you look for me, you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart,
you will find me with you, says the LORD, and I will change your lot;

You’ll be in my prayers.

Remember to look at your blessings not your troubles. Two blessings i know you have just from you posting this are your life and this great Catholic forum. Thank God for being able to asks others for their advice and help to get you through this tough time.

“I command you: be firm and steadfast! Do not fear nor be dismayed, for the Lord, your God, is with you wherever you go.” -Joshua 1:9

I will be praying for you.

Whenever you think you can’t handle “it”, say Jesus I trust in you. To think that God would give you more than you can bear, is to not trust Jesus. He is there beside you. The Holy Spirit is there to guide you and you have your own guardian angel to watch over your soul.
Whatever you have to endure, you are not alone or forsaken.

Talking about it might make it easier to endure.:o If you want to vent, you can pm me. I’m a good listener.:o

What she said! :thumbsup:

Prayer is to a Catholic what spinach was to Popeye!

[quote="rpp, post:12, topic:190876"]
What she said! :thumbsup:

Prayer is to a Catholic what spinach was to Popeye!

[/quote]

Thanks everyone for the support. I work long hours these days and that among other things tends to drag me down. :shrug::rolleyes:

For all those who work a lot, I recommend a true Sunday’s worship, rest, and recreation. God gave us the Sabbath for a reason. :slight_smile:

Sierrah, I am right there with you. Last night, I wasn't entirely sure I would make it through today. I am so fortunate that my kids were here with me today. They helped me get back up.

As others have said, I think these trials are God's way of telling us to lean on Him. I have so much trouble doing that. I prefer to handle things myself. I think this constant stream of lousy things is caused by my own stubborness. I keep having to remind myself to lean on God and stop trying to control the world around me. I know life will be easier when I finally submit to His will. If only I could get it through my thick head!!

closed #16

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.