God interfering with evil

Alrighty,

I have an essay on the problem of evil and my main two arguements are:

1. Evil is not seperate from good, but rather a lack of good. Just as dark is a lack of light, cold is a lack of heat, etc.

Thats all fine and dandy.
But my second arguement is a little more confusing. Basically, would it make sense to say that:

God cannot not stop or interfere with evil because it interferes with our free will, which is a quality of our being as created by Him, thus He would be contradicting Himself?

Does that make any sense?

I’m not sure the second argument would hold up. God does stop and interfere with evil in a couple of ways.

1. Satan’s activities. Satan can only do what God allows. The book of Job is a good example.

2. God “interferes” in a sense when He sends graces to us in times of temptation, trials, etc. Miraculous intervention has also been known to occur. (eg. evil attackers see protective guards around intended victims - where there were no human guards present. Attackers prevented from carrying out an evil act.)

God will not take away our free will, but He is always working to help us exercise it wisely.

Nita

It makes a lot more sense to say that God doesn’t exist and **** happens.

No
God does not need to interfere with the evil man propagates on man. Man could follow God’s desires and eliminate evil. Yet man choices not to. for God to interfer would mean man would lose the opportunity live properly.

God allows trials because it stregnthens our faith? Like the Job example above

CHCatholic
God cannot not stop or interfere with evil because it interferes with our free will, which is a quality of our being as created by Him, thus He would be contradicting Himself?

If we look at all of creation that we know about, the intent of God is to share in His nature. This is true for man and the angels. This sharing is only possible by freewill choice. Love is only possible through freewill.

The devil can not take away that freewill to choose and God would be acting against the intent of His design. This does not say that God and the Devil can not have an influence on you. Asking for help from God is a freewill choice. That asking for helps can come from anyone and be applied to anyone. Evil is simply choosing for something other then God. There are many people out there asking for the Devils help to influence you. We must all ask God to help others and us, this is called praying.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.