Numbers 23:19
God is not a man,
that he should lie;
neither the son of man
that he should repent:
hath he said, and shall he not do it?
or hath he spoken,
and shall he not make it good?

Who wrote the lie? What do you know about it? As far scripture is concerned I understand it to be a mystical reality that I cannot master with my comprehension. Hence it says in the golden book:

“Our curiosity often impedes our reading of the Scriptures, when we wish to understand and mull over what we ought simply to read and pass by. If you would profit from it, therefore, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and never seek a reputation for being learned. Seek willingly and listen attentively to the words of the saints; do not be displeased with the sayings of the ancients, for they were not made without purpose.” (Thomas à Kempis. (1996). The Imitation of Christ (p. 10). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems.)

Or your exegesis of this one passage is wrong.

You got it wrong.

I’m confused what the point being argued is.

Jesus isn’t God.

No point. The user just wanted to yell at people.

God the son is a Man, and God the Father has chosen that we refer to him as male. The Father might not be male, but it would be the height of pride to say that that we have the right to decide how He should be referred to.

Umm… you cannot say this and still call yourself Catholic. Jesus is 100% God.

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Would you care to cite a source for what you’re saying?

Or are these just your personal rants?

Genesis 3:4
And the serpent said unto the woman,
Ye shall not surely die:

Alright. Good step one.

Now.

Why are you saying that over and over again?

Because it is the truth over and over again.

Are we talking about whether the entirety of the Godhead is a spirit and hence not male in a literal sense, or is the OP talking about the Arian heresy?

Do you believe that God became a man a son of man?

See… I can shout 2+2=4 at someone as many times as I want, it’s not going to help me prove that cats meow.

Jesus claimed divinity for himself. Either he was a liar, a lunatic, or our Lord. Considering the miracles he performed, and the fact of his Resurrection, we can safely assume the latter of the three. As such, Jesus is God, and therefore, God the Son is a man.

Do you believe that God became a man a son of man?

Yep.

John 1:14

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

How come you no longer believe
Numbers 23:19?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.