God is so good! Please pray for us!

As some of you might have seen in the past, I’ve posted a few times in various forums about the struggle to help my boyfriend see the virtue of pursuing greater chastity in our relationship. We’d just gotten back from an Ash Wednesday prayer service when the following dialogue ensued.

BF - So I was thinking about what I could give up for Lent, and I don’t know where this came from, but I had a thought.
Me - Ok, what’s your thought?
BF - Well, you could cut back to just one caffeinated beverage daily and (long pause) we could give up being physically intimate. I know it’ll be difficult…but I think it could be good for us.
Me - Are you serious? That does sound like a worthwhile penance to pursue. I think it can be done!

I am just :extrahappy: right now! I’ve been praying for God to work on his heart and show him how we’re called to act as unmarried people. Please pray for us (Ryan and Jodi) that we will be successful, not just in Lent, but in the rest of our unmarried days. Also, please pray for others who struggle with living a chaste life!

Amen Jodi, thanks for your story, very uplifting after a kind of tough day…Take Care and Prayers!

This is fantastic! I will definitely keep both of you in my prayers.

Sincerely,

Maria1212

Jodi, that’s wonderful news! I thank God that Ryan is joining with you in willingness to live chastely during Lent [and hopefully before marriage].

He must be a good name to make a suggestion like that, and must indeed love you.

God bless you both.
I entrust you both to Jesus.

Love, Trishie

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying!

Praying for you both!

Holding you both in my prayers :gopray2:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.