God said NO!

I asked God to take away my habit.

God said, No.
It is not for me to take away,
But for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.

God said, No…
His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.

God said, No. Patience is a by-product of tribulations;
It isn’t granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.

God said, No.
I give you blessings;
Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.

God said, No.
Suffering draws you apart from
Worldly cares
And brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No.
You must grow on your own,
But I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things, that I might enjoy life.

God said, No.
I will give you life,
So that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.

God said… Ahhhh,
Finally you have the idea.

*:bighanky: That is beautiful, MM. Thanks for sharing.

I hope mamacita is doing better? I have been praying for you both.

Take care.*

Beautiful… thanks for posting! :slight_smile:

:yup::blessyou:That is very beautiful! Thank you for sharing!! I am not sure what’s going on with mamacita, but I will keep you both in my prayers! God bless…:crossrc:

I thought it was very touching. A great reminder to me, that is for sure.

Thanks for the prayers! We do appreciate them and pray for many here on CAF as well.

She is doing better, feeling a lot better. She has been going to the chiropractor and that is helping out.

Here is an update with regards to what my wife (mamacita) had gone through, all this while 5-6 weeks pregnant with our 5th child

6 PM (Sept 30th): Took my wife to the hospital ER with numbness in her left arm (to her it felt like it was 100 lbs) and she had numbness in her head and face. This caused her heart to race (possible panic attack) and cause concern for herself especially with an early pregnancy. Possibility that new thyroid medicine could be causing the heart rate increase as well.

10 PM Mother in law is coming to stay with the kids since they are admitting my wife to the hospital so that she can see a neurologist in the AM. Did a CT scan of her head, everything is ok on that scan. Possibility of more test to be run tomorrow.

8 AM (Oct 1): Stayed here last night, not a lot of sleep, sharing a room, tests forthcoming today. No answers yet, could be a mini stroke, could be a pinched nerve. Praying for the latter.

10:45 AM Update: We were walking in the hall and the doc saw here walking and then stopped us to talk to us. He did several visual tests and said that he does not believe that is a stroke. Maybe TIA (“wannabe stroke”), but he does not …think that is the case. He is leaning towards a pinched nerve, but wants us to wait and see the neurologist, no need for further tests aside from a blood test…who will be here after 4:00…ugh

4:45 PM so finally close to the end of the stay at the hospital. The neurologist was just in and did some tests She does not think that my wife had a stroke, she thinks it is related to a pulled muscle or a pinched nerve. There are a few signs of a stroke that she did not have. Thank God! Thank you all for your thoughts, comments and specifically your prayers. We will return the favor.

5:30 PM Finally left the hospital. Talked with her doctor to decrease the thyroid medicine and will be going to a chiropractor tomorrow.

Loving others is another form of self destruction, good for your closness to God, bad for your selfish ambition! :smiley:

Loves it!

Excellent this is going up in my waiting room.

:thumbsup: Very cool! I have had a lot of positive response from this.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.