God, Second Chances and "The Pieta"

I don’t think beliefnet.com is a Catholic site, however because something is not Catholic strictly in origin does notmean that it therefore is contrary to Church Teaching. I certainly found nothing to offend in this article, rather to enlighten. Please alert me or the moderator if I am incorrect.

beliefnet.com/story/235/story_23535_1.html

God, Second Chances
and 'The Pieta’

Extract from text only

But God does not settle, God summons. This is what I call the God of second chances; the one who, despite our persistent failings, calls us back to those higher aspirations. Remember that ancient Israel was dispersed into exile as a ransom for their sins, but even there they returned to their faith in a God of second chances who subsequently returned to his faith in them. Peter denied Christ three times but still became the cornerstone of the early church, and Paul was a persecutor of that church but went on to become its greatest advocate. There are a lot of prodigal sons and daughters among us, people who leave, return, and perhaps even leave again, but are always welcomed back by the God of second and third and fourth chances. In the words of Gandhi, “we are drops in the limitless ocean of God’s mercy.”

Part 2 - here

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.