"God the Father wishes Mary to be the mother of His children..."

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Listening to the wisdom God gave to St. Louis de Montfort in True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin, brings to mind another great “champion” of Our Lady, St. Maximilian Kolbe, Priest and Martyr who died in the Nazi Concentration Camp, whose Feast-day we celebrate today.

Like St. Louis de Montfort, St. Maximilian Kolbe wrote and preached tirelessly about his “Immaculata” as he called our Lady. May these two saints help us to draw ever closer to Jesus, through Mary, and to work as faithful sons and daughters of God and Mary continuing the Mission of Jesus, by the power of His Holy Spirit.

1. Mary has authority over the angels and the blessed in heaven. As a reward for her great humility, God gave her the power and the mission of assigning to saints the thrones made vacant by the apostate angels who fell away through pride.

Such is the will of almighty God who exalts the humble, that the powers of heaven, earth and hell, willingly or unwillingly, must obey the commands of the humble Virgin Mary. For God has made her queen of heaven and earth, leader of His armies, keeper of His treasures, dispenser of His graces, worker of His wonders, restorer of the human race, mediatrix on behalf of men, destroyer of His enemies, and faithful associate in His great works and triumphs.

1. God the Father wishes Mary to be the mother of His children until the end of time and so He says to her, “Dwell in Jacob”, that is to say, take up your abode permanently in My children, in My holy ones represented by Jacob, and not in the children of the devil and sinners represented by Esau.

Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your faithful. Kindle in us the Fire of Your Love. Jesus, we trsut in You! Mary, Mother of the Church, Refuge of sinners, pray for us. Saints Louis de Montfort and Maximilian Kolbe, pray for us.

3 Likes

Dear patricius,

Thanks for your “heart” to let us know you appreciated the words God gave us today! :slight_smile: May we pray for one another, for the Church and for all those in most need of God’s Mercy. Let us pray especially for our Supernatural Faith, Hope and above all Charity to remain strong, in thses difficult days for the Church and the world.

Both St. Maximilian Kolbe and St. Luis de Montfort suffered in their lives; let us, by God’s Grace, embrace whatever suffering the Lord may permit in our lives today, always receiving all through Mary, with Mary, in Mary. and for Mary.

1 Like

How wonderful that the Mother of God dwells in us, and is our Mother in the order of grace!

St. Alphonsus Liguori wrote:

It is not without a meaning, or by chance, that Mary’s clients call her Mother; and indeed they seem unable to invoke her under any other name, and never tire of calling her Mother. Mother, yes! For she is truly our Mother; not indeed carnally, but spiritually; of our souls and of our salvation.

Sin, by depriving our souls of divine grace, deprived them also of life. Jesus our Redeemer, with an excess of mercy and love, came to restore this life by his own death on the cross, as he himself declared: I am come that they may have life, and may have it more abundantly (John, x. 10). He says more abundantly; for, according to theologians, the benefit of redemption far exceeded the injury done by Adam’s sin. So that by reconciling us with God he made himself the Father of souls in the law of grace, as it was foretold by the prophet Isaias: He shall be called the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace Is . ix. 6). But if Jesus is the Father of our souls, Mary is also their Mother; for she, by giving us Jesus, gave us true life; and afterwards, by offering the life of her Son on Mount Calvary for our salvation, she brought us forth to the life of grace.
http://www.marys-touch.com/Glories/ChI.htm

1 Like

Dear patricius,

Thanks for your reply, and for the quote from St. Alphonsus. Yes, as you said, it is wonderful that Mary the Mother of God dwells in us, as Jesus gave her to John and to us in saying from His Cross:

Behold your Mother

St. Alphonsus encourages us. May we never tire of calling her “Mother”! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, and surely Jesus had His Mother in mind when he said that we must turn and become like children.

St. Alphonsus touches on this:

Be of good heart, then, all you who are children of Mary. Remember that she accepts as her children all those who choose to be so. Rejoice! Why do you fear to be lost, when such a Mother defends and protects you? “Say, then, O my soul, with great confidence: I will rejoice and be glad; for whatever the judgment to be pronounced on me may be, it depends on and must come from my Brother and Mother”. “Thus,” says St. Bonaventure, “it is that each one who loves this good Mother, and relies on her protection, should animate himself to confidence, remembering that Jesus is our Brother, and Mary our Mother.” The same thought makes St. Anselm cry out with joy, and encourage us, saying: "O, happy confidence! O safe refuge! The Mother of God is my Mother. How firm, then, should be our confidence, since our salvation depends on the judgment of a good Brother and a tender Mother". It is, then, our Mother who calls us, and says, in these words of the Book of Proverbs: He that is a little one, let him turn to me (Prov. ix. 4). Children have always on their lips their mother’s name, and in every fear, in every danger, they immediately cry out, Mother! Mother! Ah, most sweet Mary! ah, most loving Mother! This is precisely what thou desirest: that we should become children, and call on thee in every danger, and at all times have recourse to thee, because thou desirest to help and save us, as thou hast saved all who have had recourse to thee.
http://www.marys-touch.com/Glories/ChI.htm

1 Like

Dear patricius,

Thanks so much for these beautiful words God gave to St. Alphonsus:

It is, then, our Mother who calls us, and says, in these words of the Book of Proverbs: He that is a little one, let him turn to me (Prov. ix. 4). Children have always on their lips their mother’s name , and in every fear, in every danger, they immediately cry out, Mother! Mother! Ah, most sweet Mary! ah, most loving Mother! This is precisely what thou desirest: that we should become children, and call on thee in every danger, and at all times have recourse to thee, because thou desirest to help and save us , as thou hast saved all who have had recourse to thee. http://www.marys-touch.com/Glories/ChI.htm

Today is the glorious Feast of Mary’s Assumption into heaven where she waits to welcome her little children home!

2 Likes

Theotokos, mother of the Church and Church in your self, deliver us with your prayers!
Thank you mommy for fulfillibg a small wish I amde to you this fast. Thank you for your help and thank you to your Son for welcoming me back.
We as Christians we must pray for all the others. We should join our meek Mother lower than the rest, with Faith and Hope in Christ’s merciful Judgement that is to come, and hope He helps, delivers, guides and forgives all mankind from all the times!
Amen

2 Likes

Dearest Mary,

Yes, Mary is Mother of God and Jesus gave her to all from His Cross, saying to John His beloved Disciple and through John to all of us:

Behold Your Mother

Mary is Mother and also Model for the Church. She appeared to three little shepherd children at Fatima and and taught them (through them now teaches us) to pray:

"O my Jesus, forgive us and save us from the fires of hell. DRAW ALL SOULS to heaven ESPECIALLY THOSE IN MOST NEED OF YOUR MERCY!

Totus Tuus! I am all Yours, and all I have is Yours, Jesus through Mary our mother.

2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.