God won't help me

My ex has just told me he has a new girlfriend.....someone who was supposed to be my friend (and listened to me spill my heart out and told me how we were meant for each other and loads of other lies and two faced stuff) and apparently they've been together for "a little while" whatever that means.

Every day since we split I have cried, I have prayed and prayed for God to either heal my heart and help me get over it or give me the strength to wait until we are supposed to be reunited.
Every day my love for this man has grown. I honestly felt like God was telling me one day we will be together again. We were perfect for each other.

He told me via facebook message the day after what should have been our 3rd anniversary together. They ruined my birthday because they both came out to help me celebrate but ignored me all night and were inseperable (which made me really suspect but everyone told me I was crazy and that neither of them would do it to me etc). They ruined what should have been 3 years and happy and now they will ruin Christmas because there is no way I will be happy in 5 days time.

I keep praying, and I feel like the stronger my faith gets and the more I pray they more God is punishing me. I am never going to stop loving this man and I will never ever be able to trust another person anymore. I have lost my boyfriend who was my best friend and I have now lost another friend. I have no idea who to trust anymore. I'm really wondering if God is actually listening to me or cares because at the moment I really feel like He doesn't and that He will never help me :(

I'm sorry you're struggling :hug1:
I'm sure God loves you very much, more than you can imagine, and more than anyone could ever love you. Try to surrender to His will, and trust in His goodness, even if you don't see it. We only see so little.. we dont know the whole story. Maybe there's a purpose to this. Ask God to give you the strength to deal with this situation, ask Him to draw you closer to Himself, and He will. :)

He doesn't answer all our prayers, because not all our prayer requests are in His will. We should trust that He knows the best for us.
Jesus is your friend in this situation, He is not punishing you.. He's there for you. Try to turn to Him with trust.

St Gemma:

"Jesus once said to me: "Do you know, daughter, for what reason I send crosses to souls dear to me? I desire to possess their souls, entirely, and for this I surround them with crosses, and I enclose them in sufferings and tribulation, that they may not escape from my hands; and for this I scatter thorns, that souls may fasten their affections upon no one, but find all content in Me alone. My daughter, if you do not feel the cross it cannot be called a cross. Be sure that under the cross you will not be lost. The demon has no strength against those souls who for My love groan under the cross. 0 My daughter, how many would have abandoned Me if they had not been crucified. The cross is a gift too precious, and from it come many virtues."

I prayed then to Jesus that He would not concede to me any grace except that of loving Him very much, and Jesus said: "Oh soul dear to me, if you truly love Me, behold My chalice; you can drink it to the last drop. On this chalice I have placed My lips, and I want you to drink it." I told Jesus to do with me as He would. And then He said to me: "I have sent this cross to you, you do not appreciate it; rather it is contrary to your desire, but the more it is contrary, the more it is like Mine. Would it not seem to you a dreadful thing to see a father in the midst of sorrow and the children enjoying themselves? When I shall be your Spouse of blood, I will come to you, but crucified; show your love to me as I have shown it toward you, and do you know how? By suffering, pains, and crosses without number. You ought, therefore, to consider yourself honored, if I lead you on paths hard and painful; if I permit that you be tormented by the demon, that the world despise you, that persons most dear to you afflict you, and with daily martyrdom, I permit your soul to be purified and tested. And you, daughter, think only of practicing great virtue; run in the path of the Divine Will, humbled, assured, that if I hold you to the cross, I love you."

“In order to heal us, He does not remain outside the suffering that is experienced, He eases it by coming to dwell with the one stricken by illness, to bear it and to live with him. Christ’s presence comes to break the isolation which pain induces. Man no longer bears his burden alone. As a suffering member of Christ, he is conformed to Christ in his self-offering to the Father.”
Pope Benedict

"My daughter, know that if I allow you to feel and have a more profound knowledge of My sufferings, that is a grace from Me. But when your mind is dimmed and your sufferings are great, it is then that you take an active part in My Passion, and I am conforming you more fully to Myself. It is your task to submit yourself to My will at such time, more than at others… "
Jesus to St. Faustina

"The everlasting God has
in His wisdom foreseen
from eternity the cross
that He now presents to you
as a gift from His inmost heart.

This cross He now sends you
He has considered with His all-knowing eyes,
understood with His divine mind,
tested with His wise justice,
warmed with loving arms
and weighed with His own hands
to see that it be not one inch too large
and not one ounce too heavy for you.

He has blessed it with His holy Name,
anointed it with His consolation,
taken one last glance at you
and your courage,
and then sent it to you from heaven,

a special greeting from God to you,
an alms of the all-merciful love of God."

(St Francis de Sales)

mcpriests.com/03_I_thirst_PrayerEN.htm

:)

Offer your pain to God. Do not let this opportunity go to waste. Say, 'Lord, I offer you all my sorrow and pain. I ask you to join it with Your sufferings on the cross, for all the intentions of Your Most Sacred Heart, in reparation for sin, for the conversion of sinners and for the release of souls from Purgatory ". Then give it to Him and let it go.

If again you feel the sorrow and pain, offer it again. Thank Him for the pain. I know this is hard, but think of Jesus's Passion. It is a blessing when we are given opportunities to offer our suffering to God. When we offer our suffering for others, we unite ourselves with God in a special way. I would also recommend that you add a specific prayer of offering for your ex and his new girlfriend. Ask God to bless them despite the fact that they have hurt you so badly. Even if you don't 'feel' it, ask anyway.

Praying for you
:signofcross:

And why are you wasting your love on a man who doesn't love you?

Why are you wasting your loyalty on a girl friend who was not loyal to you?

God IS helping you.

He delivered you from two false friends before it was too late.

But you seem to be very miffed that God doesn't do things your way.

Perhaps God wants someone else for you.
Someone who will not hurt you.

You are in my prayers.

‘With closest custody, guard your heart. . .’ Proverbs 4

It’s best to keep your heart and not give it away before marriage.

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want; he maketh me to lie down in green pastures. He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul. He leadeth me in paths of righteousness for his name sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; Thou anointest my head with oil, my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

The Lord once appeared to St. Lutgard and bared His breast, revealing his burning Sacred Heart, and asked her if any other suitors could compare?

[quote="milletsmo, post:1, topic:180333"]
My ex has just told me he has a new girlfriend.....someone who was supposed to be my friend (and listened to me spill my heart out and told me how we were meant for each other and loads of other lies and two faced stuff) and apparently they've been together for "a little while" whatever that means.

Every day since we split I have cried, I have prayed and prayed for God to either heal my heart and help me get over it or give me the strength to wait until we are supposed to be reunited.
Every day my love for this man has grown. I honestly felt like God was telling me one day we will be together again. We were perfect for each other.

He told me via facebook message the day after what should have been our 3rd anniversary together. They ruined my birthday because they both came out to help me celebrate but ignored me all night and were inseperable (which made me really suspect but everyone told me I was crazy and that neither of them would do it to me etc). They ruined what should have been 3 years and happy and now they will ruin Christmas because there is no way I will be happy in 5 days time.

I keep praying, and I feel like the stronger my faith gets and the more I pray they more God is punishing me. I am never going to stop loving this man and I will never ever be able to trust another person anymore. I have lost my boyfriend who was my best friend and I have now lost another friend. I have no idea who to trust anymore. I'm really wondering if God is actually listening to me or cares because at the moment I really feel like He doesn't and that He will never help me :(

[/quote]

I have said a prayer for you. A broken heart is really a devastating thing. Just take it one day at a time and keep praying for strength and God's comfort. He will help you, and He really does care about you, but it's sometimes hard to see this when we are grieving about something. Also, pray for the two of them, believe it or not, that will help you.

Don't give up hope.
Such healing takes time.
God is with you through the whole thing.
You are not alone.

Saying a prayer too....

Kathrin

AMEN!!

My friend you are loved by many of us here and we are so sorry for your pain.
It will take time but it will pass.
Trust in God and pray .
Love and prayers for you
God bless

You are in a wonderful place here with so many offering you such angelic advice. You will be fine and when someday you are happily married, you will look back and thank God.

Don’t forget you have friends here who care about you.Praying you get through this time at Christmas and get inspired to go out and meet new people .You are a beautiful person with so much love to give.You will find love again.

HEALING AND RENEWAL
Lord Jesus Christ,
most Holy Redeemer,
you make all things new.
Your word promises:
Whoever is in Christ has become a new creation.
The old has passed away;
behold the new has come.
Renew us, and heal us with your love.
Make new my mind:
let me see life and death,
time and eternity,
this world and beyond,
with the eyes of faith.
Make new my will:
let me walk more loyally
in the way of your commandments.
Make new my heart:
let me love your truly
and love others for your sake.
Make new, Lord Jesus, my whole life:
let there be no more sin,
no more compromise,
but only devotion to you.
I bring to you, dearest Lord,
my life and it is, my hopes and dreams,
my struggles and pains,
my fears, anxieties and addictions,
my hurts, my talents,
my achievements, my disappointments
and my sickness.
I bring to you all whom I love.
I entrust all to you
and with confident faith I take heart;
for you make all things new.

Amen.

Frankie Avallone, of all people, once said, "God's delay in responding does not equate God's denial."

God will find the right person for you. This was not the one.

Have a blessed Christmas

Br. JR, OSF :christmastree1:

My girlfriend of 1y 3m broke up with me over the summer, left me for one of her ex-boyfriends I kept telling her not to talk with. I realized that the only thing I could TRULY trust in is the Lord... this was my first step in becoming Catholic. God always has a plan for everybody and it is for the best. Try to unite yourself to Christ through your suffering, knowing that he suffered far greater things than you are suffering now. Not to undermine your suffering, I'm truly sorry for you and wish I could be there to be your friend :(

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.