Godmother ending earthly life

+JMJTJ+

Dear Prayer Warriors,
Please pray for my aunt and Godmother Therese, who is preparing to enter Eternal Life.
I doubt she will live past the weekend.
Please pray for her peaceful death, and the strength and comfort of her loved ones, through the intercession of her beloved namesake St Therese of Lisieux, and St Joseph.
I pray that I have the needed graces to assist them spiritually and medically in this trial.
Thanks so much!

As a nurse working with dying people, you have my utmost sympathy and most of all my prayers. I’ll be praying a rosary tonight, and you’ll be the intention. God bless.

Praying for your intentions

God bless

Thanks so much Martha!
I was a hospice nurse too until poor health forced me into semi-retirement.
You will be in my prayers as well! :slight_smile:

Prayers promised

Eternal Father, I offer you the body and blood, soul and divinity of your dearly beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for her sins and those of the whole world. For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on her and on the whole world amen.

+JMJTJ+

Dear Prayerjohn and Deacon Ed,
Your prayerful support is greatly appreciated!
You are in my prayers.

Father please send Your Holy Spirit to Therese as she prepares to enter eternal life. Grant her prayer for her loved ones.
Grant her a peaceful death, and the strength and comfort of her loved ones, through the intercession of her beloved namesake St Therese of Lisieux, and St Joseph.
Grant the needed graces to assist them spiritually and medically in this trial.
I ask You this in Jesus’ name

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for your Godmother and family…

+JMJTJ+

Dear Trishie, The Phoenix and Simon X,
May God bless you for your thoughts and prayers!

Prayer for a Happy Death
O God, great and omnipotent judge of the living and the dead, we are to appear before You after this short life to render an account of our works. Give us the grace to prepare for our last hour by a devout and holy life, and protect us against a sudden and unprovided death. Let us remember our frailty and mortality, that we may always live in the ways of Your commandments. Teach us to “watch and pray” (Luke 21, 36), that when Your summons comes for our departure from this world, we may go forth to meet You, experience a merciful judgment, and rejoice in everlasting happiness. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen

Hail Mary, Full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord of mercy and love, we lift Gail’s Godmother up to you, beseeching Your Divine Mercy upon her soul. In her suffering, we pray that you have graciously allowed her purgatory to expire on earth so that, at the moment of Your Blessed call, her spirit will be acceptable in Your Kingdom. We ask that her Angel minister to her in her final days with us, and that she is surrounded by loving family and friends who are lifting her up in prayer. Out of love of her, we ask that You join our prayers with those of the Angels and Saints, to form an unending petition for mercy upon her soul. Since we must live not for this life, but for the next, grant that she look to You in love, awaiting Your merciful call. Grant this, O loving Father, in the Name of Christ Jesus, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

I can’t outdo that beautiful prayer, but I will keep all of your intentions in my prayers, and you. I will pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for her too. (I will keep my prayers for her through the intercession of St. Therese and St. Joseph too.)

+JMJTJ+

Wow po18guy; how beautiful…thank you!

And thank you ‘strngrnrth, pyropam, and allhers’; your prayers are such a blessing to me and my aunt!

I remember all Prayer Warriors in my prayers.

YES! :thumbsup:

Praying

+JMJTJ+
Thanks again pyropam; I was at a loss how to quote the two prayers in my last post (both were so beautiful), and then I forgot to mention it . My brain is malfunctioning these days :blush:

Betra…thanks so much for your prayerful support!

Praying for you all and your loved ones!

Praying!

+JMJTJ+

Your prayers are greatly appreciated Rocket!
I am praying for your needs as well.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.