God's help in praying constantly for pro-life gospel

Hi,

I was thinking about what I can do to support the pro-life gospel in the political sphere of society, especially in America. I want to ask you all to ask for God’s help in strengthening me to pray constantly for the pro-life cause. Also, I would like to gain the courage, confidence, and knowledge, and communication ability to be able to organize and educate those in office and those running for office, and those who are involved in the political process in any way.

These are some things I want to focus on praying for:

• An end to abortion by President’s Day 2013. I pick a time goal just to denote how urgent this murder industry needs to be ended. This is an emergency that just gets worse with every child murdered in his or her mother’s womb.
  • A pro-life Presidency, Congress, and Supreme Court.
  • An electorate that understands the real principles involved in the Gospel of Life message and votes and conducts political dialogue accordingly.
  • A vibrant economy. I think that economic stability is a necessary thing for the culture of life to advance. The culture of death thrives on the illusion that larger populations cannot be sustained, because there are limited resources, work opportunities, etc. Everyone needs to have access to meaningful, remunerative, productive work that contributes to the betterment of themselves and others, and I want to ask God to reveal to us all what sort of ideas and attitudes and virtues and principles we must act on in order to create this kind of situation in society. I don’t know the answers to the economic problems, but I know God does, and He can help us all in knowing what we as individuals and as neighbors need to be in order to be servants and workers in God’s grand creation.

I am personally going to focus on the Rosary when praying for these things. I ask anyone here to suggest other pro-life goals to pray for and to pray for my courage in speaking to those who can influence the political process to orient our nation towards pro-life gospel values. If you want to talk to me about this, and we can pray together and share ideas, you can send me a message or post a reply here.

God bless you all,
Joshua

May our Lord give you strength to pray ceaselessly for the pro-life apostolate. May he answer your prayers.

Joshua, praying for an end to legalized abortion is an excellent idea, but I’m afraid praying for an end to all abortion might be a little unrealistic, as much as I’d like to see it banished from the face of the earth. Murders will be committed until the end of the world, I’m afraid.

Lord Jesus, You have said, “Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart.” With confidence in Your loving heart which offers rest to weary souls, we come to You in this time of special need. In Your unfailing love, read the prayer that is written on our hearts, and grant the grace that we ask of You, in accordance with Your holy will. In Your name we pray. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, and sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother, to thee I come, before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate! Despise not my petitions, but, in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.