God's plan..

I know that it’s not good to worry and that we should trust God. But, if a person isn’t making the right choices, and for example something life-changing happens, is this still God’s plan?

I’m thinking that God’s plan for each of us only works as God’s plan if we live by His word?

if I live as a devout Catholic and make the right decisions, but something bad happens, then Would I consider that as God’s plan? I had a previous post about suffering as a vocation, but since God only does good, does that mean God only planned for suffering in general, but not the bad things that happened to cause the suffering?

God always loves us. He is good to the infinite degree.

When we do wrong, let us amend our lives. Let us take the responsibility of picking ourselves off the mat and doing good again. REPENT! ATTEND HOLY MASS!

God never wills bad on His flock. Suffering in silence is always good and redemptive. I am amazed at how the suffering and decent people who go through it always come back to God. He wants us back even when we are sick or have done wrong. The basis for this - I believe - is we must LOVE GOD.

Truly amazing things happen when we love our Creator. Amazing to the highest degree when we trust in the Lord.

The suffering is not God’s. The good path through it is.

“I plead with you! Never, ever give up on hope, never doubt, never tire, and never become discouraged. Be not afraid.”
“If He asks much of you, it is because He knows you can give much.”

• St Pope John Paul II

Of course God allows suffering. That is one way that we turn to Him and grow. If we truly love God we can understand that what he is allowing will turn for the good. Not necessarily what we wanted, but for His good.

Romans 8:28 (RSVCE)

28 We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose.

We have His word on it!

SJ

People have free will, so it’s not God’s plan that they commit sins. God allows it when he thinks that good will ultimately come from it. For example, a kid making a mistake, falling down, and breaking a bone. The kid will probably learn to not make that mistake again. We can become stronger through our suffering.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.