God's will

Hello

I am searching for God’s will in a situation going on in my life.

I went to my boss and asked him to stop saying things about my religion, race and one comment he made about my wife. When I did this he became very offensive and made comments that seemed like he was going to retaliate. Including mentioning e-mails I had sent as jokes that he said people may find offensive.

I went to HR and they began in investigation into e-mails I had sent out and his actions/comments.

I have been out of work on suspension with pay for over a week now as has my boss. The last I heard was a decision about us would be made on Monday.

I am searching for God’s will in all of this.

Someone said to me that it may not be God’s will for me to be fired but he will let it happen.

I have read to look for God’s will through our sin and that of others.

I’m just really confused because I feel very strongly that I will be fired along with my boss or maybe just me and I cannot see how that is right because nothing was ever said about my e-mails until I confronted him. The e-mails were jokes between co-workers and there was no intent of harm in any of them.

Those are my points. I turned him in, he brought up dirt on me to defend himself and this all ended up with HR.

I have a wife and two kids, I need my money. I’m getting worried about being out of work.

I am praying on this constantly and for others. Including my boss who I confronted. I just want God’s will to be done. I just want to hear your thoughts on God’s will.

I do believe that if I am fired it is because something better is coming to me but when bills are due those thoughts do not give much reassurance.

I would appreciate your thoughts and ideas on God’s will.

Thank You

[quote=compactdiss]Hello

I am searching for God’s will in a situation going on in my life.

I went to my boss and asked him to stop saying things about my religion, race and one comment he made about my wife. When I did this he became very offensive and made comments that seemed like he was going to retaliate. Including mentioning e-mails I had sent as jokes that he said people may find offensive.

I went to HR and they began in investigation into e-mails I had sent out and his actions/comments.

I have been out of work on suspension with pay for over a week now as has my boss. The last I heard was a decision about us would be made on Monday.

I am searching for God’s will in all of this.

Someone said to me that it may not be God’s will for me to be fired but he will let it happen.

I have read to look for God’s will through our sin and that of others.

I’m just really confused because I feel very strongly that I will be fired along with my boss or maybe just me and I cannot see how that is right because nothing was ever said about my e-mails until I confronted him. The e-mails were jokes between co-workers and there was no intent of harm in any of them.

Those are my points. I turned him in, he brought up dirt on me to defend himself and this all ended up with HR.

I have a wife and two kids, I need my money. I’m getting worried about being out of work.

I am praying on this constantly and for others. Including my boss who I confronted. I just want God’s will to be done. I just want to hear your thoughts on God’s will.

I do believe that if I am fired it is because something better is coming to me but when bills are due those thoughts do not give much reassurance.

Thank You

[/quote]

Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, AND ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU. You are in my prayers, brother in Christ.

Peace, so be it.

[quote=compactdiss]I just want God’s will to be done. I just want to hear your thoughts on God’s will.

Thank You

[/quote]

The important thing is that you are open to doing God’s Will. Don’t expect a huge revelation of what His plan is for you, just go with the situations that happen. There is nothing you can do right now about your work situation. You’ll find out Monday. God will never abandon us. Even in bad situations, God can make good from it. Have faith. And pray. We’ll pray for you too.

God Bless,

God NEVER gives anyone more than they can handle; just persevere and keep faith in the Lord. God’s will is never seen immediately; remember the doubts of Christ in Gethsemane and on the Cross. Only after his great tribulations did Jesus fully appreciate his Father’s will.

“Look at the birds in the sky; they do not sow or reap, they gather nothing into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are not you more important than they?” (Matthew 6:26)

Hey compactdiss
You and your family will be in my prayers. And yes, God never gives us anymore than we can handle, but He Loves to push the limits. (I used to say onyl the first part, but then I ran across instances that necessitated the second.) I am not accusing but I have to ask about the “harmless jokes” becuase if the company you work for is any bigger than a mom and pop business or sunstantial in size there has to be something in the e-mails to be grounds for dismissal. In the age of technology, remember that every e-mail from work in stored on a redundant server. In the future, you should avoid sending jokes through work e-mails or computers just as a precaution even if they are innocent. May God Bless you and your family through this time of waiting. Thanks and God Bless.

[quote=slinky1882 ]And yes, God never gives us anymore than we can handle, but He Loves to push the limits.
[/quote]

How true. The Lord makes us work harder so we become stronger in faith.

Pax Domini Sit Semper Vobiscum.

[quote=slinky1882]Hey compactdiss
You and your family will be in my prayers. And yes, God never gives us anymore than we can handle, but He Loves to push the limits. (I used to say onyl the first part, but then I ran across instances that necessitated the second.) I am not accusing but I have to ask about the “harmless jokes” becuase if the company you work for is any bigger than a mom and pop business or sunstantial in size there has to be something in the e-mails to be grounds for dismissal. In the age of technology, remember that every e-mail from work in stored on a redundant server. In the future, you should avoid sending jokes through work e-mails or computers just as a precaution even if they are innocent. May God Bless you and your family through this time of waiting. Thanks and God Bless.
[/quote]

I understand that according to the company’s policy I may have violated their rules. I do not deny that I have done that. My problem is that nothing was ever said about it until I confronted the boss, only then did my e-mail become an issue. I just feel it’s pure retaliation and that is not supposed to happen when you confront someone about harassment. Fact is I did it, and a huge lesson has been learned about even sending out jokes. Things come back I guess.

I appreciate all the kind words of strength and understanding. I will pray more and keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. I’m just going to keep praying.

Thank You!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.