God's Will

How do you discern God’s Will? My husband and I have an important decision concerning his workplace and a possible move to make, one that can’t be made lightly as it could impact the whole family. We’ve been praying tirelessly for a response but have been getting conflicting signs. I know that after awhile, you need to step out in faith, but with the state of the economy and the housing market, a wrong decision could prove disastrous. I’m hoping that the good readers of this forum could point me to some novenas, prayers, spiritual reading material and perhaps some advice on “listening” to God. If nothing else, I would humbly like to request some prayers for my family as we figure things out.

Thank you and God Bless!

I must start out by saying I have faith that what ever decision yu make God loves you. He sees your heart and he sees that you want to do his will. The bible says that he will not withhold any good thing from us. At the right time you will know what to do. He is faithful and all good things work out for the good of those who love The Lord. Thank him. God bless.

I am reminded of these Bible verses:

1. “The thoughtless believeth every word; but the prudent man looketh well to his going” (Proverbs 14:15). Fully investigate the move as well as seek counsel from trusted friends and family. Listen to whether they think it is a good idea!

“The plans of the diligent lead only to abundance” (Proverbs 21:5). If you fully investigate and do your homework and really listen to those who care about you, God will take care of you!

“He who keeps watching the wind will never sow; he who keeps looking at the clouds will never reap”. At some point, you will have to take responsible risks!

If after investigating fully, it still seems like a smart decision then go for it!

On the other hand:

“Pride goes before destruction, and arrogance before failure” (Proverbs 16:18).
“Before being ruined, a person’s heart is proud” (Proverbs 18:12).

So make sure that in your heart you are stepping out with faith in God and not taking a risk for pride :slight_smile:

Excellent points! Thank you both for your input:)

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.