Godson turning to athiest

Hello all:
I have a 15 year old godson who is turning atheist and placing his trust in physics and his own logic to explain life to him. He was raised in a Catholic family and has attended Catholic schools.

Pope St. Gregory the Great, pray for him!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

well it sounds like your Godson is an intelligent kid who refuses to put his faith blindly in a deity who has not been proven and where all of the facts seem to disprove a magical cloud creature

No it’s not. Are you even Catholic? If not, may I remind you that being atheist means the rejection of any evidence or consideration of a God, and placing all your trust in your personal experience and logic. I would consider that, ‘narrow minded’. Most philosophers or famous scientists in the past were agnostic, or more religious than that, even.

Prayer to Saint Albertus Magnus:

Dear Scientist and Doctor of the Church, natural science always led you to the higher science of God. Though you had an encyclopedic knowledge, it never made you proud, for you regarded it as a gift of God. Inspire scientists to use their gifts well in studying the wonders of creation, thus bettering the lot of the human race and rendering greater glory to God. Amen

May the Lord help your godson to recognize the error of his thinking and enlighten him to the truth. May your godson come to know and love the Lord. Amen.

Praying for your godson …

Praying hard.

This forum is for prayer intentions. Why don’t you stick to that. You are not even coherent.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.