Going downhill...

I didn’t think it possible, but I’m getting increasingly worse. The pain. The fatigue. The inability to function. My mental health is spiraling downhill too because of it. I just want it to be over. I pray with what little strength I have and it gets worse not better. I’m starting to have a crisis of faith now. I want to love God but it’s hard when everything around me is falling apart and I can’t even function on my own. I’m totally dependent on others. I beg for relief only to seemingly get worse. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong in my life, but there’s obviously something. Please, please pray for me. Especially too my spiritual and emotional health. Thank you so much everyone!

I am so sorry you are struggling. You need to go to someone to talk about this (priest/ counselor/doctor) It could be medical, spiritual or both. Yes, I will pray!! You are NOT alone although that is common to think…but its a lie.

mlz

Oh I am so sorry! I will pray for you! Here is a prayer I find that helps me and strengthens me. Sometimes I just say the ending lines when that is all I can manage. Peace.

Come, O Holy Spirit:
enlighten my understanding
to know your commands;
strengthen my heart
against the wiles of the enemy; inflame my will…
I have heard your voice,
and I don’t want to harden my heart to resisting,
by saying ‘later… tomorrow.’
Nunc coepi! Now!
Lest there be no tomorrow for me!
O, Spirit of truth and wisdom,
Spirit of understanding and counsel,
Spirit of joy and peace!
I want what you want,
I want it because you want it,
I want it as you want it,
I want it when you want it.

stjosemaria.org/prayer-to-the-holy-spirit/

Sorry to hear this. I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

Do you have a spiritual director who could help you work through these sufferings? Perhaps a Carmelite priest in your area? I think the Carmelites have a pretty good understanding of suffering from both a spiritual and physical perspective - based on the experiences and writings of St John of the Cross and Saint Therese of Lisieux.

As mlz said, you are not alone.

Are you confident that your doctors are treating your illness as best as possible? A second or third opinion cannot hurt.

Yes.

Know that a lot of us here care about you and think of you often. You aren’t alone!

I second (third?) the idea of a second/third opinion, and that goes quadruple if you’re still seeing that Napro doc. :wink:

You are in my prayers. :hug1:

:thumbsup:

Praying for you as always.

I’m so sorry, Convert. I wish I had answers for you. I have only prayers that you can remain strong in your faith through this.

I’m so sorry. I’ll keep you in my prayers. Yes, please reach out for additional medical opinions, and help for your mind/spirit.

May you be filled with loving kindness. May you be well. May you be peaceful and at ease. May you be happy. Blessings.

Continues prayers for you, Convert in 99! :gopray:

With Mother Angelica’s recent passing, I’ve been running into things she wrote and experience relating to suffering. Your post inspired me to look some of them up. Here are a couple things which might bring you some comfort in your suffering: ewtn.com/library/mother/ma11e.htm and freerepublic.com/focus/religion/3416397/posts?page=2

:console:

Oh I know how you have been suffering. Please know I will take your prayers to Adoration tomorrow and you will in our family prayers tonight.

Like others mentioned, have you sought out a second or third opinion? Often, medical centers in large cities see more difficult to treat medical issues. It may require travel, but I am sure it would be worth it. Often there are Centers of Excellence. I would try to do some research and also ask for a referral.

God bless you.

A hospital on the grounds of some university with a strong medical school may be a good next move.

I prayed for you during Adoration and lit a candle for your intentions. I hope the prayers helped and know I’m still praying for you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.