Going on vacation

Hello,

This may not be the correct forum; however, this is where I registered when I started down the RCIA path and you helped then…

It’s that time of the year for vacations… so, I googled for churches to attend while on the road and visiting family.

Normally, one would be able to go with other family; however, My Wife, Daughter, and myself just entered the faith this past Easter; thus, we don’t have that resource.

As mentioned, I Googled, and in Lubbock, I found a church that claims to be Catholic; however, they really worry me…

From the “User Review” on Google:

" The Corpus Christi Church follows Vatican…‎ - Who, me?‎ - Nov 9, 2008
Pope Benedict XVI is a Heretic because he administers communion to unrepentive pro abortion and homosexual rights advocates like Rudy Giuliani and Pope Benedict XVI is a Heretic because he administers communion to unrepentive pro abortion and homosexual rights advocates like Rudy Giuliani and Nancy Pelosi. Therefore he is illegitimate as the leader of the church militant. The Corpus Christi Church follows Vatican 1 which is the true Catholic Church, and where God welcomes all who seek him."

:eek:

Certainly from that entry I do not feel that that would be the place to take my wife and daughter.

So the question…
Is the Corpus Christi Church a valid Catholic Church and How do I really know which/where to attend while in Wichita Falls and Lubbock on vacation?

It’s easy here at home, I have a lot of Catholic friends and there are three churches that have schools that feed the one Catholic High School which is in the parish where we attend - need a mass, quite time for prayer, find it at one of the three!

Thanking Everyone who answers!!!
and my applogies if this is the wrong place to ask… admins, please feel free to relocate the post

z

If you go to www.catholicweb.com you can find churches there in any state in the country…this is a reliable source. On the homepage click on find a church and click on the state. There are over 20 listings for Lubbock TX and that church is not listed.

www.masstimes.org

catholiclubbock.org/default2.asp

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.