Going through a tough time--could you pray for me?

*If you could fit me into your prayers this week, I'd appreciate it very much. I'm going through a sorrowful time right now, don't really want to get into the details. Just feel alone with my thoughts. I know God listens, and carries our crosses with us...sometimes FOR us, but just going through a bit of a tough time. Your prayers mean a lot to me...I'm hopeful they will help. *

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

Most Blessed and afflicted Virgin, Queen of Martyrs, who didst stand generously beneath the cross, beholding the agony of thy dying Son; by the sword of sorrow which then pierced thy soul, by the sufferings of thy sorrowful life, by the unutterable joy which now more than repays thee for them; look down with a mother’s pity and tenderness, as I kneel before thee to compassionate thy sorrows, and to lay my petition with childlike confidence in thy wounded heart.

I beg of thee, O my Mother, to plead continually for me with thy Son, since He can refuse thee nothing, and through the merits of His most sacred Passion and Death, together with thy own sufferings at the foot of the cross, so to touch His Sacred Heart, that I may obtain my request~

• for the intentions of whatevergirl, in her time of sorrow and all those who trevail, those in distress, we, the suffering & sorrowful *

For to whom shall I fly in my wants and miseries, if not to thee, O Mother of Mercy, who, having so deeply drunk the chalice of thy Son, canst most pity us poor exiles, still doomed to sigh in this vale of tears? Offer to Jesus but one drop of His Precious Blood, but one pang of His adorable Heart; remind Him that thou art our life, our sweetness, and our hope, and thou wilt obtain what I ask, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Hail Mary, Virgin Most Sorrowful, pray for us.

Praying hard for your happiness and peace of mind.

Praying for you everyday.

*Thank you very much for your prayers. *

Praying for you whatevergirl …

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinner now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Your prayers helped me to see some things clearer today...thank you. Prayer is powerful...you are all a blessing. :grouphug:

Dear Lord, please comfort whatevergirl, protect her, fill her with joy, and guide all her steps. Please help her get through whatever it is that is causing her this sorrow. May she unite her sufferings to your Son's and offer up all her suffering for the salvation of her soul and for the salvation of all souls. Please help her to place all her confidence in your merciful love and assist her to be totally surrendred to your merciful love. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

May God bring you peace of mind and joy to once again see His vision for you as a beloved child of His.

I'm so sorry to hear this. :console: Will be thinking of and praying for you today. :hug3:

Praying…Amen

Keeping you in my prayers.

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinner now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

*I want to thank you all for your heartfelt prayers for me. I was having a very ‘heavy cross day,’ yesterday, I sometimes call them. I prayed this morning and said to the Lord…’‘that was a heavy cross day yesterday!!’’ I think we all have them. For me, sometimes, I just miss my parents. I have gone through the stages of grief…it’s been 30 yrs since my parents died…but, as time goes on, one would think it would get easier. At times, I just feel alone with this pain…like all of my childhood, alone with the pain…now as an adult, alone with the pain.

But, we are never alone…we always have God. He is there to carry our heaviest crosses. I don’t forget that, but sometimes, I try to carry it by myself, and I fail. :frowning: I am grateful for your prayers…they have lifted me up. I’m better today, but when I have one of those heavy cross days, I might need some more prayers!

You’re all in mine, I want you to know. :grouphug:*

“This…is what I pray before the Father from whom every family, whether spiritual or natural, takes its name: Out of His infinite glory, may He give you the power through His Spirit for your hidden self to grow strong, so that Christ may live in your hearts through faith, and then, planted in love and built on love, you will with all the saints have strength to grasp the breadth and the length, the height and the depth; until, knowing the love of Christ, which is beyond all knowledge, you are filled with the utter fullness of God.”

“Glory be to Him whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine; glory be to Him from generation to generation in the Church and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever. Amen.”Ephesians 3: 14-21]

**[FONT=Times New Roman]Reflections on Giving Thanks to God
**by Kathryn Marcellino, OCDS[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]"Rejoice in the Lord always. I shall say it again: rejoice! Your kindness should be known to all. The Lord is near. Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. [/FONT]

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Keep on doing what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me. Then the God of peace will be with you. I rejoice greatly in the Lord that now at last you revived your concern for me. You were, of course, concerned about me but lacked an opportunity.

Not that I say this because of need, for I have learned, in whatever situation I find myself, to be self-sufficient. I know indeed how to live in humble circumstances; I know also how to live with abundance. In every circumstance and in all things I have learned the secret of being well fed and of going hungry, of living in abundance and of being in need. I have the strength for everything through him who empowers me. Still, it was kind of you to share in my distress." Philippians 4:4-14

The Catechism of the Catholic Church also says in #2638 "As in the prayer of petition, every event and need can become an offering of thanksgiving. The letters of St. Paul often begin and end with thanksgiving, and the Lord Jesus is always present in it: ‘Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you’; ‘Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.’ "

Inner peace is not only a gift but a decision

AMEN!!!

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and
forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins,save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Hail Holy Queen
Mother of mercy
hail our life our sweetness and our hope
to thee do we cry poor banished children of Eve
to thee do we send up our sighs
mourning and weeping in this vale of tears

Turn then O Most gracious advocate
thin eyes of mercy towards us
and after this our exile
show unto us the blessed fruits
of thy womb,Jesus

O Clement O Loving O sweet Virgin Mary
pray for us O Holy Mother of God
that we may be made worthy of the promises
of Christ
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.