Going to a Concert-need advice

I'm going to a concert (symphony) of a guy that I like.

None of the other people in our YA group are going although initially they all said they would.

Last week said guy and I went on "not a date"...it was laid out this was not a date but during said dinner the guy also reveled how HORRIBLE dating had gone. The sheer fact that I came (after he said it wasn't a date) amazed him with my maturity.

Today he has a concert, then after the concert...about an hour later, there is mass and the YA dinner.

I'm wondering:
1) I used to be in the theater and people give stuff after concerts/performances....should I bring somehting?
2) should I even wait for him after the performance and say hi?
3) should I leave the poor guy alone becuase he just wants to be friends?

What would you do if this friend was a female? Would you say hi and good job after the concert? That's what I would do.

1-No. Don’t worry about it. I’ve been in many preformances and just being there is enough.

2-Do you want to? I strongly support it. Just saying hi, winking, or something along those lines would be ideal. The rush I used to get afterwards when you walk out from the back rooms and see your friends and family is extreme. Even if you two don’t end up together, it’s still so incredible to see someone after a show.

3-No, unless you really, really like him and it’s too painful to “just be friends”.

[quote="Rascalking, post:3, topic:190576"]
1-No. Don't worry about it. I've been in many preformances and just being there is enough.

2-Do you want to? I strongly support it. Just saying hi, winking, or something along those lines would be ideal. The rush I used to get afterwards when you walk out from the back rooms and see your friends and family is extreme. Even if you two don't end up together, it's still so incredible to see someone after a show.

3-No, unless you really, really like him and it's too painful to "just be friends".

[/quote]

Thanks Rascalking!

I would like to say hi. I know how disappointing it is to invite people to come, have them say they're comming and then have everyone drop out.

and I do really, really like him. And if I was 100% sure he just wanted to be friends this wouldn't be so confusing. I know I like him, and from last week I'm not convinced he dosn't...just that he's so burned from the dating scene and overly emotional women that he cannot fathom dating anyone. Which is what he basically told me last week. So I feel as if there's a chance he could like me if we got to be better friends first. And I'm also hoping if we do end up just friends to make the transition in my heart as smooth as possible.

[quote="purplesunshine, post:4, topic:190576"]
Thanks Rascalking!

I would like to say hi. I know how disappointing it is to invite people to come, have them say they're comming and then have everyone drop out.

and I do really, really like him. And if I was 100% sure he just wanted to be friends this wouldn't be so confusing. I know I like him, and from last week I'm not convinced he dosn't...just that he's so burned from the dating scene and overly emotional women that he cannot fathom dating anyone. Which is what he basically told me last week. So I feel as if there's a chance he could like me if we got to be better friends first. And I'm also hoping if we do end up just friends to make the transition in my heart as smooth as possible.

[/quote]

I have heard stuff like this from girls before. It normally ends in frustration for the girl when she realizes after a long period that there is nothing there.

[quote="mjs1987, post:5, topic:190576"]
I have heard stuff like this from girls before. It normally ends in frustration for the girl when she realizes after a long period that there is nothing there.

[/quote]

are you a guy or a girl? and 1987...so you're 22?

Well...like I said the objective of us hanging out was being friends but he ended up sharing why he dosn't date...and that left me with the impression that he's more afraid of dating and immature girls who do end end up hating him. I don't think he would of told me this if he wasn't comfortable with me. And like I said, I hope to resolve my feelings towards him with this friendship if that's what ends up happening

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.