Going to Mass

Greetings!

I’ll be going to Mass later this afternoon. I’m leaning towards RCIA in the Fall, and have spent the last couple of months learning about Catholicism, history, tradition, theology, etc. I feel very drawn towards the church, having previously attended Protestant churches for the majority of my young life.

Anyways, I’m a little nervous about going. I’ll be attending with my sister, whom is already Catholic. I understand I won’t be taking the Eucharist, but will be able to go up for a blessing. I hope I don’t mess it up!

I’d be grateful for any prayers directed towards this! Please pray that this time of worship and fellowship will be meaningful to me, and that The Lord will use it to confirm His will for me and my life, as I humbly seek Him out for His purpose for me!

Jason

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,
and Blessed is the Fruit
of Thy Womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying with a Bible verse from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Short reading Hebrews 13:20-21 ©
I pray that the God of peace, who brought our Lord Jesus back from the dead to become the great Shepherd of the sheep by the blood that sealed an eternal covenant, may make you ready to do his will in any kind of good action; and turn us all into whatever is acceptable to himself through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever, Amen.

Well, I survived Mass! It was an awesome experience. I’ve attended Mass before, but never really took it seriously (and thus, appreciated it), choosing more to draw conclusions and criticism, when compared to my former Protestant churches. :rolleyes:

I kept getting lost in the Missal… it’d go for a few pages, and then jump forward another ten pages or so. A few readings and hymns were not in there, but oh well.

When going up in the Eucharist line, I crossed my arms for a blessing. When I got to the priest, he seemed rather startled, as I was probably the only one out of a couple hundred people who were asking for a blessing. He made the sign of the cross, and I went on my way. :smiley:

Thank you all for your prayers!

I just returned from Mass a few minutes ago, myself. God bless you.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,
and Blessed is the Fruit
of Thy Womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I’m delighted for you, Jason. I thank God for His graces to you, and ask the Lord to continue to bless you and to guide you. :slight_smile:
Your sister must be ‘over the moom’ to b able to share the Catholic faith with you!

I am delighted for you Jason and welcome my brother.I will keep you in my prayers God bless you

Our Father who art in heaven
hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
on earth
as it is in heaven
give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us out trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us
lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil
Amen

Lord, thank you for calling Jason to the flock and letting him hear you and respond to your voice. May he always find plenty of good priests and people to help him get familiar with and love the Catholic faith. Bless him and make him so holy, he becomes the perfect image of your Son, our Lord Jesus and attracts many souls to our Catholic family. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.