Going to my first confession in two years

Please pray for me guys. That God gives me the strength and courage I need to go through with it. I’m so nervous and scared and I know I shouldn’t be because I will be recieving God’s forgiveness and grace, and afterwards I can participate fully in the Mass again. I just am feeling wicked nervous and I need all the prayers I can get…

Thanks…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thank you, Jesus, for giving LookingForFaith the desire and the courage to come back to You. Take away all fear and cover LookingForFaith in your forgiveness and joy.

I will pray for you too, LFF. Just remember, actual grace is a gift of love, not an invitation to a beating.

Let me tell something that happened in my parish over the last few weeks in the hopes it will ease your fears. Man and wife, raised Catholics, been away from the Church about 20 years. She goes out of state to visit relatives, he stays home. While she is away, he suddenly feels moved to come to Church and shows up to Mass one Sunday. He makes an appointment with a priest for Reconciliation and comes back into community. Unbeknown to him, his wife was similarly moved and went to Mass (out of state) that same Sunday. Neither had spoken a word to the other about having thoughts of returning. She came home and made an appointment for Reconciliation also. Since I know the both of them very well and heard all about this, it was a special joy to watch them be able to receive the Eucharist for the first time in so long.

You will experience that joy too. What’re you going to call yourself after that? ;):smiley:

I wish I could change my name on here…it’s amazing how quickly God can just take that little tiny crack in your heart and open it wide and a flood just washes in. I feel like scrooge on Christmas morning. Just a few short weeks ago I was closed and now…I feel…so amazing! (I’m actually crying happy tears right now…lol!)

I will also be praying for you LFF.

Like the prodigal son, you have come back. :slight_smile:

In Christ,
Star
<><

:heaven: Imagine how you’ll feel after you hear that you are absolved of your sins and walk out of the confessional clean and whole again!! Praying that God will take away your anxiety :signofcross:

I really think you can change your name on the CAF. Give it a try!:slight_smile:

Lord, thank you for giving LookingForFaith grace to move him to make a holy confession. I pray that his confession is a time of pure love and healing for him and that he leaves walking on air, perfectly reconciled and forgiven by you, his loving father who loves him more than he could ever imagine. May he know that while he is in the confessional he will be talking with you personally through the priest, and so has nothing at all to worry about. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

I’ll keep praying for you LFF to grow even stronger in your faith…

For your intentions

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers for LFF. Amen

St. Joseph, pray for us

I pray that God comforts you as you confess your sins, knwoing that your going to be alright. I pray that God eases the tensions and nervousness as he is happy you are faithful, confessing your sins.

I would like to share this with you from Proverbs:

Proverbs 28:13 “He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.”

Our Father,
who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name,
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on Earth as it is in heaven,
give us this day,
our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Isaiah 43:25
"I even I, am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake: and I wil not remember your sins."

I’m a woman, but thank you for the prayers…

I appreciate all the prayers you guys are sending. I’m still nervous but it’s all worth it. I can’t wait to get in there and reconcile myself to God and His Church. God will give me the strength that I need.

Praying.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Be strong in your faith and your confession will relieve you of your emotional burdons…

For your intentions

Glory to God in the highest
And peace to His people on earth
Lord God, Heavenly King, Almighty God and Father
We worship You, We give You thanks
We praise You for Your glory
Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father
Lord God, Lamb of God
You take away the sins of the world
Lord, have mercy on us
You are seated at the right hand of the Father
Receive our prayer
For You alone are the Holy One
For You alone are the Lord
For You alone are the Most High Jesus Christ
With the Holy Spirit In the glory of God the Father
Amen

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers for LFF. Amen

St. Joseph, pray for us

Sorry! I’m so exited for you, just the same!:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.