Going to my first Latin Novus Ordo Mass on Sunday!!

I went to Assumption Grotto for Good Friday this year. We so completely fell in love with it that we are going back there this Sunday for 9:30am Mass, which is a Latin Novus Ordo Mass. I am so excited!!! :smiley:

I am embarassed to say that Grotto on Good Friday was the first time I ever received Holy Communion while kneeling at a communion rail (though I have received kneeling at a kneeler, at a Church which uses intinction). I told my DH that after receiving in that way, I never want to receive any other way again. It was so powerful, I have difficulty putting words to it, but I just feel very drawn back to this Church.

I’ve also never been to any other Church where I have seen so many ladies with their heads covered. And not all older women either, many younger ladies as well. Something I’ve been working myself up to, I’m not ready just yet, but I’m getting there. :blush: Not sure what’s holding me back, but perhaps going to Grotto will be what puts me over the edge. :slight_smile:

Anyway - no particular purpose for posting this other than to say that I’m excited, and perhaps ask if anyone else has been to a Latin NO, and what has been your experience?

~Liza

Congrats, pretty lady!

As for the head covering issue- don’t feel like you have to wear a mantilla. Halo-Works has some nice chapels caps:
Lady’s Chapel Cap
Petite Voile
Esther’s Veil
Whisper Veil
Scalloped Veil
Book: The Chapel Veil

Good luck, and enjoy!

I have seen wonderful pictures of Mass at the Grotto. It is great that you can attend.

Sounds nice liza, glad you found such a lovely place :slight_smile: I think I’ve heard others talk about it on here. I would love to see a NO Mass.

Do you attend a TLM?

Catholig

no, just a regular NO

Oh, Okay

Catholig

Why the question, I’m curious :slight_smile:

You said “I would love to see a NO Mass.” :wink:

Catholig

Well I sure did didn’t I! :slight_smile: I meant to say latin No mass, duh!

I read that post 1 or 2 times, and I figured you had left it out

If I do cover my head, it will probably be with a silk scarf, babushka style. :byzsoc: :smiley: The lacy things just don’t appeal to me much. I think I’m just too picky. :blush:

Less than 24 hours and we will be there! Waahoo!

~Liza

I understand!

Liza,

I know where you are coming from. I remember the first time I “stumbled” into Assumption Grotto for 9:30 Mass. What a joy it was.

God bless you,
(and Fr. Perrone too!),
Tomster

Here is a website that sells no lacy headcoverings (just wanted to share with you!)
Headcoverings by Devorah

I wouldn’t have a problem covering my head but I know what you mean about the lacy ones. Out here that’s what the little sweet Mexican ladies wear when they do wear them. :slight_smile: I haven’t seen many.

I was reading through the women’s blog “Diane” from the Grotto parish. I don’t really agree with only using altar boys but I really appreciated her list of reasons and why she personally feels they have so many boys that serve. I didn’t realize that there was such a huge homeschooling base in that parish. That explains a great deal. Plus they have a huge pool of families, 800! That’s great.

I train altar servers at my parish and I only have 13 altar servers but our parish is very small :slight_smile:

It is a beautiful parish btw Liza. I’m sure you will be very happy there.

:blush: silly me. It’s why you should always check your words before hitting the submit button. Do you attend a TLM Patience? I noticed you had some nice head covering sites.

Nope, I wear my mantilla to my NO Mass

good for you! I think it’s cool when I see women still wear those.

Pax vobiscum!

Assumption Grotto celebrates their Masses ad orientem, don’t they? I’ve been to many Latin NO Masses, but none that were done ad orientem. I’d like to see how that is done, though.

In Christ,
Rand

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.