Going to start covering my head in a very progressive church... please pray for me!

The title says it all:) I'm ordering it after I type this.

I don't think it's going to go over well with my fallen-away father or the liberal Catholic Church we call home... So I'm very worried about this.

Thank you so much for your prayers!! At best it will amount to nothing... thanks guys:heart:

EDIT: Gotta be 18 for EBAY:rolleyes: waiting til Friday to order it.

Way to go!

Prayers.

Happy birthday (I'm guessing you turn 18 on Friday!) I hope you found a nice headcovering on Ebay.
I don't imagine most members of your church will make an issue of it, but I hope it goes over OK with your dad.

Ave, Ave, Ave Maria. . . ! :)

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae.

Praying.

Thanks guys :hug1:

Just today my sister mocked me for taking communion on the tongue, my mom was annoyed when I asked her to try it :shrug: sigh... The prayers will help me immensely!

Thanks for the Happy Birthday too, athansor:p

Here's the one!

God Bless!!!

Praying that you continue to grow in the faith so that you may be a good example for others ...

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinner now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Been there!!! I haven’t even told my siblings that I attend a Latin Mass & I’ve been doing so for a year a half. Thankfully, none of the four of them go to the same parish I do. In approximately 1980, I was cornered at a dinner & forced to listen to their opinions on how GREAT it was that "one no longer had to go to confession, the laity had been promoted, by Vatican II, to equality between the ordained priesthood & the priesthood of the faithful, Wasn’t it GREAT that the loooonnnnggg Masses (pre-Vatican II) were now so much shorter & that one no longer had to be subjected to the INDIGNITY of kneeling & sticking their tongue out for Communion, etc. All the I got out of my mouth at the time was the statement, “I miss the reverence & quietness of the old Mass”, & the whole four of them acted like I was a heretic.

Funny thing, though…I endured as a Catholic & all four of my siblings have left the Church???

Going back to wearing a hat/veil…was the hardest thing for me. I finally did it about 6 months ago **& I feel great about it, now. **I wear a chapel veil & when looking down to read my Missal the ends of the veil fall toward my face & act as a barrier between the everyday world & thoughts…did I put enough water in the pot-roast waiting for us, etc. It’s as if the veil encloses me in the Arms of God, Himself.

Receiving kneeling on the tongue, the Latin, etc. just felt natural. (I was raised with the TLM.) However, covering my head didn’t. I think it represented a finality, a complete leaving of the “liberal Novus Ordo” theology. I don’t know why it took me a year to make this committment, but I’m sure glad that I did.

Don’t worry about other people’s reactions. Just very politely tell them that it’s right for YOU!!!

*St. Michael the Archangel defend us in battle
Be our protection against the wickedness and
Snares of the devil, may God rebuke him we
Humbly pray and do thou oh Prince of the
Heavenly Host by the power of God thrust
Into hell satan and all evil spirits that wander
through the world for the ruin of souls, Amen. *

[quote="CradleCath, post:8, topic:177848"]
Been there!!! I haven't even told my siblings that I attend a Latin Mass & I've been doing so for a year a half. Thankfully, none of the four of them go to the same parish I do. In approximately 1980, I was cornered at a dinner & forced to listen to their opinions on how GREAT it was that "one no longer had to go to confession, the laity had been promoted, by Vatican II, to equality between the ordained priesthood & the priesthood of the faithful, Wasn't it GREAT that the loooonnnnggg Masses (pre-Vatican II) were now so much shorter & that one no longer had to be subjected to the INDIGNITY of kneeling & sticking their tongue out for Communion, etc. All the I got out of my mouth at the time was the statement, "I miss the reverence & quietness of the old Mass", & the whole four of them acted like I was a heretic.

Funny thing, though........I endured as a Catholic & all four of my siblings have left the Church???

Going back to wearing a hat/veil.......was the hardest thing for me. I finally did it about 6 months ago **& I feel great about it, now. **I wear a chapel veil & when looking down to read my Missal the ends of the veil fall toward my face & act as a barrier between the everyday world & thoughts.......did I put enough water in the pot-roast waiting for us, etc. It's as if the veil encloses me in the Arms of God, Himself.

Receiving kneeling on the tongue, the Latin, etc. just felt natural. (I was raised with the TLM.) However, covering my head didn't. I think it represented a finality, a complete leaving of the "liberal Novus Ordo" theology. I don't know why it took me a year to make this committment, but I'm sure glad that I did.

Don't worry about other people's reactions. Just very politely tell them that it's right for YOU!!!

[/quote]

Thanks for your kind words :)

The part when you said how the veil sort of falls around your face... that really hits home for me, because always after I receive the Eucharist I just kneel there with my face turned down and sort of resting on my folded hands, and even with the hat sometimes my hair will sort of fall down and I imagine it's my long-awaited veil, and it's so nice, like being wrapped in a blanket.

What's been reassuring me lately is not only all you great people on CAF, but the thought that people might take one look, shrug, and say that it's the sort of thing they expect me to do. I mean already my friends know I listen to "church music" (gregorian :)) and am really into my faith. And now that I think about it, tonight I'll read those verses in the bible about leaving behind your family to follow God :o (maybe that will help too).

After hearing such encouragement from all of you guys here, it's like a little bit of the worry has lifted off my shoulders. Thank you sooooooo much :hug1:
Love, Ljubim

PS: You're lucky that the communion rail is more natural! My first time(last Sunday) the priest said, stick your tongue out more, and I was a bit embarrassed :o. But now I think it's funny... the next few days after that I was practicing in the mirror :rotfl:

God bless you in your decision…No one has the right to give you a hard time because you feel led to do this…I don’t cover, nor do I want to, but I firmly support your descision, and it should be respected

If you are like I was at 18, you probably don’t have much money of your own. However, I’ve found one of the text books that were found in the Catholic schools of the 50’s. It costs $17., but it explains so much about the TLM.,

KNOW YOUR MASS. Textbook from the 1950’s
An illustrated manual of instruction for Catholics young and old; a step-by-step explanation of the Traditional Latin Mass; the Holy Sacrifice as the re-enactment of Calvary.
This 100-page book is an excellent catechetical tool for teaching the Traditional Latin Mass. Ideal for parents to instruct their children on the old Mass and the wealth of Catholic Traditions. It stresses the importance of reverence, and presents the theology of the Mass in a way easily understood by children preparing for First Holy Communion. It is also instructive and informative for older students, young adults, teachers, parents, and grandparents.

With a wealth of diagrams and pictures in cartoon format, the book clearly explains the various parts of the Mass; preparation of the altar; the history and purpose of the prayers, gestures, vestments and sacred vessels. This text, with a 1954 Imprimatur from Francis Cardinal Spellman, then Archbishop of New York, was used extensively in Catholic schools during the 1950s.

ecclesiadei.org/Books,%20Altar%20Cards.htm

It might help you to explain why you’re drawn to the TLM., COTT & head coverings

[quote="redrosetea, post:11, topic:177848"]
God bless you in your decision..No one has the right to give you a hard time because you feel led to do this..I don't cover, nor do I want to, but I firmly support your descision, and it should be respected

[/quote]

Thank you :) I wish everybody was like you! I have a friend who I never used to understand, she always would say that she typically liked guy friends better. I really understand now, it's because they're not so judgemental :)

[quote="CradleCath, post:12, topic:177848"]
If you are like I was at 18, you probably don't have much money of your own. However, I've found one of the text books that were found in the Catholic schools of the 50's. It costs $17., but it explains so much about the TLM.,

KNOW YOUR MASS. Textbook from the 1950's
An illustrated manual of instruction for Catholics young and old; a step-by-step explanation of the Traditional Latin Mass; the Holy Sacrifice as the re-enactment of Calvary.
This 100-page book is an excellent catechetical tool for teaching the Traditional Latin Mass. Ideal for parents to instruct their children on the old Mass and the wealth of Catholic Traditions. It stresses the importance of reverence, and presents the theology of the Mass in a way easily understood by children preparing for First Holy Communion. It is also instructive and informative for older students, young adults, teachers, parents, and grandparents.

With a wealth of diagrams and pictures in cartoon format, the book clearly explains the various parts of the Mass; preparation of the altar; the history and purpose of the prayers, gestures, vestments and sacred vessels. This text, with a 1954 Imprimatur from Francis Cardinal Spellman, then Archbishop of New York, was used extensively in Catholic schools during the 1950s.

ecclesiadei.org/Books,%20Altar%20Cards.htm

It might help you to explain why you're drawn to the TLM., COTT & head coverings

[/quote]

You know me so well;)
That book sounds great :) It reminds me of an older book at my grandparents' house w/ those sorts of nice drawings, called My Catholic Faith. I will keep this one in mind next time I've got some money!
I've actually decided to take the plunge and just start making the hour and a half drive to the nearest TLM, which will run me $20 in gas each trip, so I might hold off on the book(and everything else!) for a while... perhaps I can ask for it as an Easter present! (a really great family tradition:D) It would be really nice to put this longing into words though.

Thanks for your prayers :) They are helping IMMENSELY!! Everything was cleared up when I was praying the rosary this morning... Sorrowful mysteries, and I began to see a sort of parallel between especially the Agony in the Garden and Crowning with thorns and what I have been going through (of course mine comes nowhere close :o) and how everything will be worth it in the end, and I will look back glad for every minute of doubt and sadness :) God's the best!!
OH! Btw I emailed the seller and she sent me one back, that she's mailing a new one (free!! contrary to their policy) tomorrow for priority mail, so I'll have it before next Sunday! Praise be to God!!!**

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.