Going to the hospital -prayers please

Well I went for my pacemaker check today at my cardiologist and found that my battery is low and has been for a while. I missed an appt in early January due to a funeral and was slow on rescheduling. They want to get the pacemaker replaced asap. I was supposed to call this morning to talk with the scheduler, but the woman also told me if I feel “weird” just go to the hospital. Well I have been feeling weird on and off for the last few weeks. And Friday I had a moment where I felt like I was going to pass out. Having a chronic heart problem, I’m used to having “off” days so I wasn’t terribly alarmed.

I am 100% pacemaker dependant, so without it I have no heart beat at all. Anyway I have not been able to sleep because of my heart beat feeling really weird and now that I know what it is, I think fear that my pacemaker will stop working while I’m asleep is adding to that. So in a couple hours I’m just going to have my hubby take me to the hospital. I’ll feel safer being where they can keep an eye on me til the pacemaker is changed.

So…if you could send up some prayers for a smooth go of things, I’d appreciate it.

Rayne you have my urgent prayers for your safety and for successful surgery without complications very soon. You’ll be very much in my prayers and daily Masses.

Trishie

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, please bless this person as they undergo treatment for their heart condition. Guide the hands and minds of their doctors, that they may completely heal and solve the problems this person faces. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

St. John of God, pray for us.

Praying…

Hail Mary full of grace
The Lord is with thee,
Blessed art thou amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thank you all! We’ll be leaving for the hospital shortly.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Remember O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known, that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee O Virgin of Virgins my Mother, to thee to I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer them

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of Grace
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for you!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you all for your prayers! I’m home with a new pacemaker/defibrillator combo. Sore but doing well, thanks be to God! God bless.:slight_smile:

Praise be to God, rayne…that’s great! I will keep you in my prayers, that you will begin to feel back to yourself soon. God bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.