Good advice from a guardian angel

I was thinking about the peace of Christ and Christmas when my angel told me, “How can you sing ‘peace on earth’ if you do not have peace with God?”

Indeed, I would be a hypocrite if I prayed in song for peace on earth yet did not make peace with the Lord. I believe this a good lesson for everyone.

“Whatsoever you do to the least of these my brothers, that you do to me” … shows that the two (our relationships with others and our relationship with God) are incredibly closely interrelated.

So much so that I’d say for a Christian it really doesn’t make any sense to discuss or think about the one type of relationship (our relationship with God) without the other (our relationship with the people through whom God presents Himself to us).

A fellow friar once asked St. Francis how he could help bring peace on earth. St. Francis said he could start by closing the door softly.

I don’t know if this was true or not, but the idea is a good one. Peace starts with you doing small things.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.