Good Bible Studies

Does anyone know of any good bible studies I can either buy or find online for free?
Even though we read scripture at mass I would really love to sit and read the Bible myself from Genesis to Revelation. I would not only like to read it but to UNDERSTAND it.
I have tried numerous times but cannot seem to get past the book of Joshua.
I really enjoy reading the Gospels because we hear our Lord speak but I know the OT is just as important as the NT.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Here are six solid Bible Studies. (Scott Hahn) salvationhistory.com/studies/courses/online

If you are looking for more of an in depth walk-through of individual books in the Bible for personal use, the Ignatius Bible or the Navare Bible is good . Ignatius is much cheaper and still has amazing footnotes.

Oh and the online bible studies are free. Sorry for not mentioning that.

the original Douay-Rheims Study Bible published in 1609 is an excellent resource, which is why I am reproducing it in modern spelling with all the original footnotes and introductions. The printed volume of the book of Revelation is finished and will be available for purchase in a couple of days for only 5 dollars a copy. Some of the volumes are already available on Kindle. This is all non-profit and sold for the price of production. The link is below.

Great commentaries:

Navarre Bible scepterpublishers.org/category/?category_id=24

The Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture (a number have been completed)

And Ignatius

All three compliment each other -- all are quite different from the others a--hence they dovetail nicely.

Thank you all of for your replies.

Here is a thread about commentaries: Practical Commentary on Scripture ... new posts welcome!

(Also, others, help me to decide whether to cancel orders on for example ICC commentaries!: Outdated and expensive ... and: community.logos.com/forums/p/41057/485660.aspx#485660 ... on the same page. Registration on the forum is free, no initial purchase is required, but preferably choose an email address that You can stick with.)

[quote="scc11, post:1, topic:325050"]
Does anyone know of any good bible studies I can either buy or find online for free?
Even though we read scripture at mass I would really love to sit and read the Bible myself from Genesis to Revelation. I would not only like to read it but to UNDERSTAND it.
I have tried numerous times but cannot seem to get past the book of Joshua.
I really enjoy reading the Gospels because we hear our Lord speak but I know the OT is just as important as the NT.
Thanks in advance for any help.

[/quote]

Personally, I love the Catena Aurea which compiles the wisdom of the Church Fathers as you read through the bible. It was compiled by St Thomas Aquinas, and can be found for sale with the translation done from Latin to English by St. John Henry Newman.

Here is a link:
pcpbooks.net/prestashop/55700.html

Also look for Cornelieus LaPide's great commentary.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.