Good book on Saints lives?

Hi, I was hoping to get some recommendations for a few books dealing with stories of the Saints lives. A general overview type book would be ok but was hoping to maybe get some that have a little more detail in depth.

Thanks

*Butler’s Lives of the Saints *is always a good one.

I would recommend St. Therese of Lisieux’s Story of a Soul or St. Teresa of Avila’s Autobiography. Both Saints wrote out of obedience to their superiors, and both women have been declared Doctors of the Church.

If you want to browse some books for Saints that might interest you, try this link to Ignatius Press. They are an extremely reliable Catholic publisher, so you can trust their books to be about spiritual growth, and not historical revision.

I ordered a book from Barnes and Noble by St. John of the Cross – an English translation of the original Spanish in which the translator decided “diabolo” (“devil”) should be translated “fractured self.” That book went straight in the trash after I read the introduction.

God bless you in your search.

Gertie

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.