Good Catholic Books..

I’m looking for one that tells a story, and one that’s up lifting, and inspirational. Helps me gain some more faith. It can me fiction or nonfiction…doesn’t matter, but I think nonfiction would be cool though.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

The story of Padre Pio’s life is inspiring. Our Sunday Visitor sells a version that’s very good.

The Hunted Priest by John Gerard is very good. It’s non-fiction, suspenseful, and inspiring.

Joan of Arc: by Herself and her Witnesses
by Regine Pernoud

If Joan of Arc doesn’t inspire you, :eek: switch to romance novels. :sleep:
There are many websites dedicated to the “great Saint and martyr”

Do a web search on keywoods Joan of Arc and see how many hits you get. :smiley:

Be warned. Joan of Arc is a tough act to follow. After Joan other Saints will be,…er… :blush: kinda interesting I suppose.

“Joan is a being so uplifted from the ordinary run of mankind, that she finds no equal in a thousand years.” – Winston Churchill

"In the history of the human intellect…nothing approaches this. Joan of Arc stands alone. – Mark Twain

“I am not afraid. I was born to do this.” – Joan of Arc

Any of Louis de Wohl’s novelized versions of the lives of the saints are good… but I would start with “The Spear”.

The Story of a Soul, by Thérèse of Lisieux. It’s on my reading pile and I’ve been told how inspirational it is.

“Pope Bob” and “The World’s Funniest Atheist,” he typed, abandoning all pretext of humility.

osv.com/tabid/7621/itemid/9384/A-good-Catholic-read.aspx

amazon.com/Pope-Bob-ebook/dp/B004EEOHPM/ref=la_B001IXMRZE_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1349400276&sr=1-29

amazon.com/The-Worlds-Funniest-Atheist-ebook/dp/B006TLHPKW/ref=la_B001IXMRZE_1_30?ie=UTF8&qid=1349400310&sr=1-30

And for kids, “My Great-grandfather Turns 12 Today.”

amazon.com/My-Great-grandfather-Turns-Today-ebook/dp/B0042P5D6A/ref=la_B001IXMRZE_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1349400310&sr=1-32

I am currently reading "A FATHER'S TALE" by Michael O'Brien.

Always a great classic: "THE LIFE OF CHRIST" by Bishop Fulton J. Sheen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.