Good Catholic Literature?

Im finishing up “the private writings of Mother Teresa”

I was looking for another exciting book about spirituality/philosophy. I was thinking " The Confessions of St.Augustine" or maybe even something about Pope Benedict’s Meditation’s

Or I heard the Jesus of Nazareth series is pretty good

any advice?

p.s. Im just now starting to get back into reading for fun.

I would suggest reading Letters to a Young Catholic by George Weigel. I’m reading it right now and it’s a great book. :slight_smile:

What to read?

Anything by Scott Hahn.
Life on the Rock by Jeff Cavins
Crossing the Tiber by Steve Ray
Surprised by Truth Series, Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Catholicism and Fundamentalism by Karl Keating

Most above written by reverts or converts to the Catholic faith and I (also a rever) learned so much about my Catholic faith from reading these books. Converts to the faith seem to be more “on fire” for the faith then some lifelong Catholics.

Not to be cliché but I recommend the Bible. :smiley:

lol well of course I read the bible with other literature. But i will definitely check out the other recommendations.

Letters to a Young Catholic sounds like something Id really like

Ditto on Weigel’s book!

I haven’t gone wrong with anything by the late Archbishop Fulton Sheen. He was an amazing communicator whether by written word or on the TV!

“Why I Am Still a Catholic” was very interesting to me when I was in the process of converting.

Also agree anything by Scott Weigel and Fr John Neuhaus is worth reading.

Lisa

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.