Good Catholic movies/books for a 13 yr old?

I purchased the movies “the Children of Fatima” and the one about St. Bernadette. My son liked them. Are there any others that he might like that I can pick up? Suggestions appreciated.

The Life of Saint Gemma Galgani changed my life, and I am only one year older than your son. Saint Gemma Galgani taught me to love God above all else. You can buy it new from TAN for $18.50 or used on Amazon for as little as $5.95.

We really like the Vision series of Saints lives. We usually read them aloud as a family, but they’d be no trouble for a 13yo to read on his own. Francis Xavier and Edmond Champion are paticularly good for boys.

My kids have liked the movie about Pope John Paul II, a documentary on St Joan of Arc, and the movie of St Terese. They will still watch the cartoon saint movies too.

In middle school here they study 20th Century history so we have several WWII era movies on our must watch list–The Scarlet and the Black and The Hiding Place (that is about a Protestant woman–Corrie Ten Boom–who helped with the Dutch resistence) are at the top of that list.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.