Good Catholic Movies for kids?

I have been lookin for a forum on movies. What are good movies that kids can watch that are okay by the church? There are so many movies out there that are questionable.Thank you in advance for any ideas.:slight_smile:

Both of the Narnia movies have excllent Catholic values.

www.usccb.org/movies

The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops has an office devoted to film and broadcasting. They have an archive of movie titles, plus they rate most movies that hit the theaters. I always check their website before seeing a movie. They’ll let you know if the movies are kid-appropriate.

That depends on the age of the kids. Both have a lot of rather intense violence…and by children to boot. The second one was downright gruesome the way the soldiers of the evil prince were trapped and slaughtered wholesale. IMO.

Faustina:
You could skip back the 1950s and earlier for simple themed movies of Catholic figures. They may be dated for adults and teens, but I think kids will relate to them. “Boy’s Town”, “Song of Bernadette”, “Miracle of Fatima”, “A Nun’s Story” (more intense). Its hard to believe now that the major studios actually made respectful Catholic-themed films with top stars right up until “the 60s” happened.

Grace is a good movie. It’s about a Catholic student that is thinking about becoming a priest but then runs into a tragedy which tests his faith. Here is the amazon link.

astore.amazon.com/sadeerfarjogu-20

The movie “Up” that is in theaters now is very good! Not necessarily Catholic, but is not objectionable in the least. It has a great message for adults and for kids, too.

St. Bernadette of Lourdes, from Navis Pictures is a new film for Catholic children, and starring Catholic children.

navispictures.com/category_s/3.htm

Well, this thread is old. But if the OP is still around…
Decent Films has spiffy reviews. decentfilms.com/

The Goonies! "Hey you guuuuuuys!":):thumbsup:

Shameless self-promotion, but our film I mentioned back in December, St. Bernadette of Lourdes, will be broadcast on EWTN on May 13.

Nice resource shared.

Very old thread, but our newest film, The War of the Vendee has won the award for “Best Film For Young Audiences” from the Mirabile Dictu International Catholic Film Festival, headquartered at the Vatican. We make Catholic Films FOR Catholic Children, starring Catholic youth! navispictures.com

I really liked the comic book based toons as a kid ( xmen, spiderman, batman ect) from the 80s 90s. Doctor who depending on the age of children. Fullmetal alchemist is a huge one for me personally that I wish I had in my youth again age depending.

Personally I think many kids shows these days suffer from “Simpsons” problem. Being that at the end of the episode the world magically resets. Everything is static and unchanging. No true character growth.

Lest the toons mentioned above give its audience credit.

I see this a lot with various TV shows from the United States. Little wonder why I decide to watch Asian drama and anime instead.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.