Good Friday, 1937 - St. Faustina /Good Friday today, 2016

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

On Good Friday, 1937, Jesus requested that St. Faustina make a special novena before the Feast of Mercy, from Good Friday through the following Saturday. He, Himself dictated the intentions for each day. By means of a specific prayer she was to bring to His Heart a different group of souls each day and thus immerse them in the ocean of His Mercy, begging the Father – on the strength of Jesus’ Passion – for graces for them. (See Diary 1209)

The above quote is taken from a booklet: “The Divine Mercy, Message and Devotion” p. 45 – written by Fr. Sersphim Michalenko and Vinny Flynn, published by Marians of the Immaculate Conception, Stockbridge, MA

Words spoken by Jesus, recorded in St. Faustina’s Diary:

1209… I desire that during these nine days you bring souls to the fount of My mercy, that they may draw therefrom strength and refreshment and whatever graces they need in the hardships of life and especially at the hour of death.

On each day you will bring to My Heart a different group of souls, and you will immerse them in this ocean of My mercy, and I will bring all these souls into the house of My Father. You will do this in this life and the next. I will deny nothing to any soul whom you will bring to the fount of My mercy. On each day you will beg My Father, on the strength of My bitter Passion for grace for these souls.

St. Faustina records her own words to Jesus:

1209…I answered, “Jesus, I do not know how to make this novena or which souls to bring into your Most Compassionate Heart”. Jesus replied that He would tell me which souls to bring into His Heart.

To pray the Novena Jesus taught to St. Faustina, which begins today, see HERE. What a consoling thought that we will be praying this powerful Novena with St. Faustina, as Jesus requested it of her!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.