Good Friday Liturgy/litany

Does the Latin version still have the idea for God to defend us "from the Jews and their perfidious lies?

Just curious.

I have never heard that…which part of the Good Friday service?

We do have petitions where we pray for the Jewish people, the first to hear God’s word.

In the wake of “Nostra Aetate,” I thought that wording was entirely removed from the Good Friday petitions regardless of whether the OF or EF of the Triduum was being celebrated.

Thought so too.

The wording has changed where we pray for the Jewish people then other groups get their intercessions during the Good Friday service.

The EF petition has changed but it is not the same one as that in the OF.

Good, I was hoping so :slight_smile: .

The word* perfidious* was dropped by Blessed John XXIII in 1960 and never licitly used since.

I am just curious, Andrew: do you attend Roman services?

Yes, often, since their is no Orthodox or Eastern Catholic church where I am.

But the reason I asked to begin with is the Anti-Semitism I found in the Book Eucharistic Miracles by Joan Carol Cruz published by TAN publishers.

The anti-Semitism in that book is terrible. And I wondered if is was still around now.

Both of my parents were very predjudiced.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.