Good Girl - movie - spoiler alert!

This one is set in a cardboard cut out small town with cardboard cut out characters. Jennifer Aniston plays the wife of a man who paints houses along with his best friend. She works in a store and is bored to death. It’s one of those “how did I get here?” stories where somehow, she didn’t notice the man she was about to marry was a painter and him and his friend smoke dope to unwind. Just sort of missed that until after the ceremony.

She notices a coworker and after discovering he hates his job too, starts having sex with him. Now this guy is even more of a mess than her husband. He’s a writer who lives at home with his TV obsessed parents who are emotionless. Little more than two fish in a bowl, just sitting, eating the occasional snack, and almost always in front of the TV.

Well, after sneaking out for sex whenever, she has to decide if she’s going to run off with this emotionally disturbed coworker/writer. While taking a sick female coworker to the hospital, she decides to go for it. Then she has second thoughts. Reflects for a moment, then asks her husband to go to a Bible study with her. That doesn’t work out. Later, her husband’s friend, best friend and coworker, tells her he saw her. And if she knows what’s good for her… she ends up having sex with him.

More lies. And her coworker/sex partner decides to rob the store they both work at, tells her he did it, and now they have what they need to run off together. He tells her where he’ll be. She then decides to be a “good girl” and decides to tell her boss where he is. The police arrive, there’s a stand-off, he shoots himself. Problem solved. The movie ends with her husband handing her a baby of two out of three parentage (turns out her husband’s sperm is “no good”).

Oh yeah. You should read the glowing praise on the DVD box. A “slice of life.” Not any life I’d want to be a part of. Why Miss Aniston allows herself to be a part of The Dysfunctionals (my generic name for the basic idea behind most movies and TV shows) is beyond me.

God bless,
Ed

$$$$$$$$$$[size=6]$$$$$[size=7]$$$$$$[/size][/size]

Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

God bless,
Ed

With all of the good reviews the movie got, I made the horrible mistake of renting it. I was revolted, and I’m still trying to figure out why I say through it all.
More Holly wood YUCK!

This movie has actually saved me money. Now I NEVER had to rent a movie with her in it again. She is not even worth renting from Redbox.

This movie was terrible, horrible, aweful, I cannot even think of enough words to explain my extreme disgust of this movie as well as another one that she did “Friends With Money.”

:banghead: <-- I actually would rather do that for 90 mins than watch another movie of hers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.